30: Overprotective

Chapter 30

-Alessandro Di Luca-

I can still see traces of blood in my skin despite already scrubbing my body raw in the shower for an hour. That was definitely way bloodier than I intended. But it's what they deserve.

I really could never understand Lorenzo's methods of killing; he's like Freddy fucking Krueger, who likes to drag his victims into his own world and takes his sweet time torturing them. Whereas, I like to finish the job in an instant, but in the most inhumane way possible. Quick and bloody is my motto when I'm in bed or when I'm killing. I even heard some people in the underworld debate which one of me and Enzo they wanted to be killed by.

I looked down at myself again for the fourth time and pondered. Do I go back to the hotel and take a shower again? No, I'm here already. I better get this done quickly before Enzo and Kirill see me.

I'm officially a wanted man in both the Italian and Russian mafias. It's not like I care; our men think of me like a devil incarnate; they fear me; they wouldn't have the fucking balls to hunt me down without being hunted and killed by me first. It's my older brother and cousin I worry about. I wouldn't see another day if they found me. I just got lucky with my encounter with Enzo last time, but I know I wouldn't be so lucky for so long.

Don't ever fucking underestimate Lorenzo Di Luca and Kirill Vasiliev.

So that's why I need to get this done quickly.

With that thought, I pulled my hoodie to my head and got out of my car, walking straight to the private school Niccolo and Isabella were going to attend. I managed to hear the news that only the two of them are together here at the moment. Our three younger siblings were lucky; they were allowed to go to school, mingle, and play with the other rug rats. The heir and spare of the Di Luca family never got that luxury. Papa would constantly get anxious and paranoid about our safety.

However, I quickly stopped in my tracks, and my jaw clenched when I spotted Isabella, but for some reason she's not with Nicco, and instead she's with a boy. What made me even more pissed was when I easily recognized the boy in question.

That boy.

He's Theo's younger brother.

The bastard of the Rossi famiglia.

What the fuck is a fucking Rossi doing with my sister?

I was about to run towards them and pull my sister from that Rossi boy, but my body froze in fear and my eyes widened as soon as I saw Uncle Ivan walking in their direction.

Merda. That's another member of my family who wouldn't hesitate to empty his bullets in my head. I quickly hide behind a huge bush.

What the hell is that old man doing here? When did he get here in Sicily?

I watched our uncle talking to Isabella and the Rossi boy before the three of them, along with Nicco this time, walked into one of the school buildings.

Well, there goes my fucking plan.

But just in time, my phone in my back pocket suddenly rang. I quickly grabbed it and answered, seeing that it's the old nanny I hired for my son.

"Pronto?"

"Signorino Gabriel's awake, signore."

"Sto arrivando. Keep him occupied for a while." (I'm on my way)

***

-Niccolo Di Luca- 

I patiently tapped my feet while leaning against the wall as I waited for my sorellina as she did her business inside the ladies room. That's what the little principessa gets for drinking all those iced teas she made me buy. I only relented because, well, I can never really say no when it comes to our precious little principessa. Besides, I'm happy that she's slowly getting out of her shell and finally getting comfortable asking us for things, even though they are only as small as an iced tea, chocolate cakes, and strawberries. That's the only thing she would ask us for, and even then she would still be all shy and skittish.