5: Custody

Chapter 5

-Lorenzo Di Luca-

I was both happy and sad as I held my sorellina for the first time in thirteen years.

The waterworks in my eyes won't even fucking stop.

I'm happy because my famiglia and I finally have our principessa, but I'm sad to know how much abuse and neglect my dolce Isabella suffered. She's the last person in this world who deserves what happened to her. But despite all of the pain she experienced, she still came out of the dark tunnel so strong and so kind.

No one is going to take her away from us again.

No one is going to hurt her again.

I'll fucking make sure of it.

"Principessa? Izzy?" I whispered, but all I received was a soft snore from her.

Oh, she fell asleep again.

I'm sure her body needs plenty of rest as it heals, and I'm going to give her that. I'm just thankful I was able to feed her before she slept. We have a long flight ahead of us tomorrow, as I'm going to bring her home, where she rightfully belongs with me and our brothers.

I smiled and let go of her small body, careful not to wake her or touch her bandaged bruises and wounds. Then I moved the duvet upwards and tucked her in, leaning closer to place a kiss on top of her head again before standing up straight.

I still need to talk to Uncle.

"I'm going to be right back, la mia principessa." I whispered, wiping the dry tears from my face, and walked out of the room, making sure the lights were turned on before I closed the door.

From what I heard when she was having a nightmare, she's scared of the dark. Well, she always has been, ever since she was a baby.

I snapped my finger at the familiar maid I saw, who was walking by carrying some cleaning supplies.

"Ser Lorenzo. Priyatno videt' Vas snova." (It's nice to see you again) The old woman smiled as she quickly recognised me and bowed her head respectfully.

"It's nice to see you too, Olga. I know you've heard all about what happened to my sister, Isabella. She's inside Mamma's old bedroom, and I need you to stay there with her until I return. I just need to talk to Uncle for a moment." I told her.

"Konechno (Of course), Ser Lorenzo." She smiled and nodded her head in understanding.

Good. I don't want Isabella to wake up all alone and scared thinking that I left her, and I know Olga will take good care of her. She used to take care of me and my brothers when we used to stay here.

With the assurance that my sorellina was fine, I quickly went to the third floor and back to Uncle Ivan's home office.

I already know the old man is not going to like the idea of me taking Isabella home to Italy. I know he will fight me over the matter and say he wants her to stay here in Moscow. But he just has to suck it up because I'm Isabella's older brother and legal guardian. I'll make sure to have my lawyer put it in legal writing the first thing tomorrow.

***

"No. Absolutely not. Ekaterina is staying here; she's not going to Italiya." Uncle Ivan lowly growled as soon as I told him of our plan for tomorrow. He was glaring at me as if he were about to shoot me any second now.

As expected.

"Italy is her home, Uncle. It's where she belongs." I rolled my eyes, my jaw clenching in anger at the old man's stubbornness.