7: Troubles

Chapter 7

Niccolo "Nicco" Yuri Vasiliev Di Luca is the youngest son of Luciano Di Luca and Oksana Vasiliev. Young Nicco had just turned a year old when his mother died after giving birth to his little sister, and he was only four when his father and little sister disappeared. Like Isabella, Nicco never really had any memory of his parents. His eldest brother, Enzo, became his legal guardian, and since then Nicco has always looked up to Enzo as an inspiration and parental figure.

Although Young Nicco looked up to Enzo the most, many would agree that the seventeen-year-old is more of a mini-me of the second-oldest Di Luca, Alessandro. Nicco is a popular, handsome football athlete in his high school, and the boy would always relish the attention he got from his peers; the girls wanted him and the guys wanted to be him. They said that the fame Nicco got from his popularity and his last name turned the boy reckless, arrogant, and boastful. These negative qualities often lead him into trouble, and Nicco may even be close to beating his brother Alessandro's personal record.

But within the business and mafia worlds, no one really gives much thought to the fourth Di Luca brother; many would even go so far as to refer to the young boy as insignificant. Ironically, despite his popularity in high school, Young Nicco continues to be overshadowed by the success and popularity of his three older brothers.

They called Nicco the troublemaker because they reckoned trouble was the only thing the young boy knew.

However, no one really knew the truth about Niccolo Yuri Vasiliev Di Luca's troubles except for him.

***

-Niccolo Di Luca-

KNOCK. KNOCK. KNOCK.

"Che cosa? (What?) Do you not fucking see the do not disturb sign or are you people just blind?" I barked.

My concentration on my game was fucking disturbed by the incessant knocking of my door.

KNOCK. KNOCK. KNOCK.

"Fanculo." I cursed under my breath, throwing the controller on the corner and standing up to open the fucking door.

I'm now in a dilemma about whether I should or should not shoot whoever idiot it was outside my bedroom who keeps on disturbing my peace. I already told our whole staff that I hate being disturbed, especially when I put my sign outside my bedroom door. They know better than not to follow it. I already fired three maids and shot one associate to make a point when they disturbed my peace for something trivial and stupid.

My signature frown escaped my lips as I found Luigi, our loyal butler, standing outside my bedroom. The old wrinkled man had a stern but kind and polite look on his face as he looked at me. If this were the other staff, I would've not hesitated to snap and fire their ass, but Luigi has been with our family since our padre was a child, and the old man helped raise him like he helped raise me and my fratelli. Luigi deserves our utmost respect.

"Buonasera, Signor Nicco." (Good evening, Sir Nicco) He politely greeted, always looking formal as ever.

"This better be important, Luigi." I grumbled as I crossed my arms to my chest, blankly staring at our old butler.

"I just thought that perhaps you may like to eat your dinner at the dining room table tonight, Signor."

I rolled my eyes and looked at the old man, contemplating if perhaps he finally lost his marbles this time.

He knows I don't eat any of my meals there; no one in this fucking big ass mansion ever eats their meals there because I'm the only one here. I have no one to eat my meals with, so I often eat alone here in my bedroom. What's the point of eating at the dining room table if you're all alone?