20: Killer

Chapter 20

-Isabella Di Luca-

"Do not worry, moya printsessa (my princess), I promise to come along with your big brother when he comes back home so that I can finally see my favourite niece again. We will not be long, Ekaterina." I brightly smiled hearing Uncle Ivan's words.

"Can't w-wait, unkie!"

I'm going to see my uncle again!

Enzo and Kiri had to go and meet Uncle Ivan back in Russia. I was sad to see them go, but knowing that they are going to come back with Uncle Ivan, I'm so happy again, and I can't wait to see them all again.

I just finished speaking with my uncle on my glittery, pink iPhone that Kiri gave me as a present when I heard a knock on my bedroom door.

"Isabella? Can I come in?"

It's Gio.

"G-Gio can come i-in!" I chirped. I'm feeling so comfortable and happy cuddling with Mr. Fluffy in my soft, cloud-like bed that I didn't really feel like getting up to answer the door.

Gio opened the door and walked in with that same awkward smile he always has when he sees me.

"Hello, tesoro."

"G-Gio going to w-work and save l-lives?" I grinned, feeling absolutely proud of my brother's work.

"Si. Are you going to be fine here with Niccolo?" He asked as he lovingly kissed the crown of my head.

"Si! Ni-Nicco and Iz--I are best of friends!" I happily exclaimed.

Well, that's what Nicco said we were, I think, and I'm really happy.

"Alright, I'm going now, tesoro. Call me if there's anything you need or if something's wrong, si?"

"Si."

Gio smiled again and kissed my cheek before leaving my bedroom.

I don't know why Gio worries. I'm at home with my brothers. Nothing could go wrong. Right?

Much to my dismay, I had to eat breakfast alone because Nicco was still sleeping, and I don't really know if Sandro's home or not; I don't really see him much except when we're having family dinner. Sandro obviously doesn't like me much, even though he never says it. But I'm really glad that Nicco and I are finally friends; he's not mean to me anymore, and we will always spend time together.

Nicco's broken arm is healing nicely, but I'm still trying my best to help him as much as I can.

After breakfast, I found myself exploring the castle-like house with Mr. Fluffy in my hand. Gio had already toured me around, but there were still parts of the house that he hadn't had the time to show me. I'm sure my brothers wouldn't mind me going there, right? They would have told me if they didn't want me to go anywhere. And they did say that this is my home now, too. So I wouldn't be breaking any rules, right? I wouldn't be a bad girl, right? My curiosity is just taking me over.

So here I am standing on the third floor of the house, looking all around at the beautiful and fancy decorations. But something tells me that the people here haven't been using this floor for a while now, almost like it has been abandoned completely. I wonder why. There's also just one bedroom door on this floor.

Whose bedroom is that?

All of our bedrooms are on the second floor, and Enzo once told me that Luigi, the maids, and the guards all have separate living quarters near the house.

Out of curiosity, I was about to walk towards the door and try to open it, but a huge ornate gold frame hanging on the wall in the corner caught my eye, so I abandoned the door and walked towards the frame instead.