23: Sorry

Chapter 23

-Lorenzo Di Luca-

Dear Enzo,

As you are reading this letter, I assume that you already know what I did to that kid. But before you judge and blame me too harshly, just know that I only told her nothing but the truth that you should have told her from the very beginning since you found her. She should know what she destroyed. That is the truth, but I know that you don't believe that, and I also know you are itching to beat the living crap out of me right now as you are reading this. I just want to inform you that you shouldn't bother wasting your energy trying to find me because I'll be long gone as soon as I finish writing this. Perhaps this is a trait that I got from our padre. Where am I going? I don't know, but I wouldn't be as far or as close as you'd expect. I'll come back as soon as your anger has calmed down. I know you, Enzo, and I don't want you to live the rest of your life in regret for what I know you're capable of doing to me if you ever see me right now. You may hate me now, but remember that, at the end of the day, I am still your fratello.

Have Gio focused on finding Papa, and please do take care of Nicco; I may have unintentionally hurt his already injured arm even more.

Your Fratellino,

-Sandro

"That sneaky fucking brother of mine." I sucked under my breath, trying to control the rage inside of me that's building up as soon as I finished reading Alessandro's letter.

Kirill raised his brow in question beside me. I sighed and gave him the letter, letting him read the stupidity of my brother.

That stupid letter is all that was left here in his apartment; even his bedroom at home was cleared out of all of his stuff, said Gio.

"Dmitriy really knows you like the back of his hand," Kirill commented as he shook his head in dismay at the letter.

Yes, and I don't know if it was a smart or dumb move from him. But he's right, my anger was spiralling, and my demons are threatening to come out and break free, craving the taste of violence for what has been said and done to my sorellina (little sister). I really don't know if I can stop myself or anyone else if I see Alessandro right now. Like that idiot said, at the end of the day, he's still always going to be my fratello (brother), and I really don't want to come to the point where the two of us have to fight to the death because of his stupidity.

I'm already fucking stressed because of my padre, and now here comes my fratello, following in his footsteps. Like father, like son, the two of them. Alessandro just better pray that he hasn't caused much damage to the point that my love and care for him as my fratello would cease to exist like it did with our padre.

"So what now, Mishka?" Kirill asked.

"I need to see Isabella and have a talk with Giovanni. Alessandro will have to wait, but I will have him found, and his punishment will be decided after I see the damage he caused our sister," I told him while stressfully rubbing my head. I felt like someone was pounding a hammer at my skull right now.

"You do know that every man you'll send to find Dmitriy will be easily pulverised by him." He smirked, making me roll my eyes.

"I know, and that's why I'm counting on you to find him instead, if that is okay with you, cousin."

"You can count on me, cousin. I know exactly where I could find him."

"Grazie."

Since I was sixteen, I've been working tirelessly just to raise and take care of my younger siblings and keep our family together, but I just keep on fucking failing every time. Just like what I've been hearing from other parents and some of my workers, raising children can really make you wonder how your life would've been without them because they take so much time and energy to the point that it gives you little room to ever focus on yourself and your own life. Since I was sixteen, my life suddenly became no longer my own; it's been completely dictated by the wellbeing of my siblings, as they always came first to me.