29: Handsome

Chapter 29

-Lorenzo Di Luca-

"Lorenzo." Gio walks in my home office in his usual brooding self.

"Che cosa?" (What?)

I didn't need to look up to know it was him, and instead I continued my work on my laptop. After I finish this, I'll go over to our building to personally oversee the shipment of our products, and after that, I can finally go and pick up Nicco and Izzy at their high school. Nicco is giving our principessa a tour of the school as their classes are going to start tomorrow. Maybe we can also get some gelato on our way home; we just have to keep it a secret from Gio.

"Don't what me. I'm talking about Alessandro." I could just feel his eyes rolling at me.

"We've been at this for months on end already, fratello. That stronzo is a manipulative, lying piece of shit, that's what. I should've killed him when I had the chance." I continued typing, trying to hide my fury.

Lie. You know to yourself that you could never bring yourself to kill your own brother.

"But what if his not? I mean, considering his record of the people he fucked since he was-I don't know sixteen-

"Twelve." I cut in, remembering that we lost our virginity on the same night when we sneaked into one of our father's private clubs. Alessandro was twelve and Kirill and I were thirteen.

Gio quickly made a face of disgust. I sigh. That definitely was not my finest moment as a curious and naive child.

"Anyway, what I'm saying is that what he said could be a hundred percent true! I mean, for all we know, Alessandro has already fathered a hundred kids! That good for nothing brother of ours is a walking killing and sex machine, you know that, Lorenzo!" Gio argues, making me let out another sigh again.

I looked at the spot here in my office where I beat him to a bloody pulp, and I was this fucking close to pulling the damn trigger, but I was definitely caught off guard by what he said next.

Alessandro is a father.

Of course, that stronzo is a father to all of the women he fucked! What Gio said was true; he was probably already a fucking father when he was a kid. But there is no denying that our brother is going to be a lousier father than ours. All of the children he fathered are far better off having Alessandro out of their lives, that's for sure.

"Even if he is a father, do you honestly think he'd claim that child as his? Alessandro is a fucking self-absorbed asshole. He only said what he said to me that day to catch me off guard and escape, which was exactly what happened. Now give it a fucking rest, will you, Gio?"

I looked at my brother; he still looked bothered but decided to just keep his mouth shut.

I don't have any more in me to fucking give a single damn about Alessandro; he's just too far gone for any of us to reach at this point. I don't want to kill him, but I just don't want to try to save and help him anymore. He's free to do what he wants to do at this point on, as long as he fucking does his job in the mafia and stays far away from our younger siblings, especially our sorellina.

My phone suddenly rang. Thinking it was Nicco or Izzy, I quickly answered it and held it to my ear without bothering to check who it was.

"Ciao?"

"Don." It was Carlo, one of my caporegime.

"Sarà meglio che sia importante, Carlo." (This better be important, Carlo.)

"È importante, Don. È il signor Alessandro." (It is important, Don. It's Sir Alessandro."

Gio rolls his eyes and is about to exit the room after hearing it's about the mafia again. He finally accepts my job and position, but obviously he's only barely tolerating the whole mafia lifestyle. But thinking that this might be important, I held out my hand, silently stopping him and turning the phone to loud speak. He did so with a sigh and waited for me.