16: Deserving

Chapter 16

-Isabella Di Luca-

"Luigi is going to be just fine, tesoro. His granddaughter is looking after him in the hospital, and he's going to be back here in no time." Gio reassured me. He was dressed in formal and expensive clothes because he said he was going to the hospital our mother previously owned where he's now working.

I'm happy to hear about Luigi's condition. I don't know him much, but he has been nothing but kind to me, and I don't want anything bad to happen to him.

I smiled and nodded to my brother's words. I was on his arms being carried like a baby once again, but I really didn't mind all of the care, attention, and affection my brothers and Kiri would show me. Even if it's only Enzo and Gio. All my life I have been denied experiencing any love, care, or affection; it's all I have ever craved, but now I'm finally experiencing all of it because of the three of them, so I don't mind at all; I actually relish and love it even.

I hope they never get tired of me.

"I'm sorry that I have to leave, but I'm going to be back in the afternoon, and I know you and Enzo are going to have so much fun together. Just do me a favour and give that big brother of ours a little trouble, la mia sorella angelo (my angel sister)." Gio chuckles as he places a kiss on my cheek, making me laugh, then he sets me down on my feet, saying goodbye again before walking out of my bedroom.

I grabbed Mr. Fluffy, my big stuffed pink penguin, from my bed and held him in my chest, relishing the comfort the fluffy stuffed penguin gave me. Mr. Fluffy's hug might not be the same as Enzo and Gio's, but Mr. Fluffy is indeed a good comfort at bedtime. After all, Mr. Fluffy was my first toy, as far as I can remember.

The truth is, I had another terrible nightmare or flashback, but thankfully I managed to wake up in time before Gio knocked on my door. I know he told me to go to him when I was in pain so he could help me, and I was really in pain. But I don't think the pain of my nightmares counts as the pain Gio was talking about that he could help me with; it is the kind of pain no one can help me with. I just have to learn to deal with it on my own. I don't want to bother Gio or Enzo any more, as I already have. I can deal with it, and maybe one day, now that I am not with bad man anymore and I am here with my big brothers, the terrible nightmare or flashback will disappear.

I wore the pink, fluffy bunny slippers Kiri gave me and walked towards the full-length mirror with Mr. Fluffy still in my hands. My happy smile dropped, and I frowned as I sadly looked at my reflection in the mirror. I took in my pathetic appearance and let out a sad sigh as I clutched Mr. Fluffy to my chest even more.

I look so ugly, weak, and stupid.

I can't believe they all said I look like my mother.

I still haven't seen any pictures of her, but I know my mother is the opposite of everything bad man has ever said to me. I'm ashamed of myself. I feel bad for my parents and my brothers for having me as a daughter and sister. I don't deserve to be part of this family.

Maybe that's what Sandro and Nicco thought as well, which explains their behaviour towards me. Even Nicco has already pointed out the stupid way I speak. Maybe the person who took me away from my family was right to take me away because maybe they knew that I was nothing but a pathetic waste of space.

I'm still staring at myself, but I didn't notice that tears were already pouring out of my eyes. All I could feel was my heart breaking as I processed the truth in my mind.

Suddenly the dark, negative thoughts swirling in my mind were covered as the faces of my Enzo, Gio, Kiri, and Unkie Ivan appeared in my mind. They were all smiling at me; adoration was clear in their eyes. The four of them saved me; they want me; they accept me; and they love me.