Sorting Things Out

DAMIEN'S P.O.V.

She's gone, she left yesterday and I am anxiously waiting for that phone she left me to ring. I don't know if we will ever be together again but I don't want us to not be friends. She was the best friend I ever had and I don't want to lose that friendship over a mate bond. She listens to you when you need someone to listen to, she laughs even when your jokes suck and she is kind when you can tell she is trying not to be rude.

We may not be in love anymore, but that doesn't mean that we can't be friends. She will always have a special place in my heart and I know I will be in her heart forever too. She is special and it's time I move on from her. I need to spend as much time with my wolf as I can, he won't be here much longer and I don't want to regret it when he dies.

I went for a run, just the two of us. No pack mates or anything that can distract us from being together. I know it sounds like we are couple but he is the best wolf I could ever have. He is something that I don't know if I can live without him. I think when he dies, I will die too.

DAKOTA'S P.O.V.

I met her, I met my mate and she isn't even obsessed with me and it is great. I mean sure it would be pretty cool if she worshipped me just a little bit but it is pretty great not being totally worshipped by a woman. I love her daughter December already, that little girl is a spitting image of how I imagined Snow was when she was a little girl.

I was eating cereal in the kitchen since no one would cook for me and I am starving, I don't care if we just ate. I want food and if no one will make me some I guess I'll will just have to fend for my own.

"Hey Snow?"

"Yes Dakota?"

"When do you want to get married?"

"Well I am only nineteen so....."

"In one, two maybe three months?"

"Months? Give me a year!"

"Oh well okay then, I guess I can wait a year for you to be my wife."

"Is that seriously how you just proposed to me? Wow worst proposal ever."

"No that wasn't proposal, I just needed to know how long I had to wait before I asked you."

"Well I don't have a problem with that. Now leave I want to go to bed."

"Well too bad, I want to be with my mate and future wife so I kind of need to get to know you."

"Really?"

"Really, so what is your dream place to visit?"

"I don't really like traveling, I mean don't get me wrong, it's cool to see amazing sites but I just don't like traveling."

"Okay well that's different. What is your favorite color?"

"Navy blue and orange."

"Oh I honestly thought you were going to say black or red." She laughed at my lame joke.

"I think yours is hot pink and silver sparkles."

"What? Totally." She laughed again and I just melted again. She has a laugh that's different than any laugh I have ever heard.

"So what is it?"

"Blue, like the Caribbean Sea."

"That is a pretty blue, I just thought of our wedding theme!"

"Oh yeah?"

"What if we did like a wave theme? It could be navy blue flowing into the Caribbean blue."

"That would be pretty cool."

"And my dress would flow like the ocean and you're tie would be dark blue like the ocean at night. Our theme could also be darkness vs. light, because before I met you I was in a very dark place and your light shined through me."

"That works too."

"Oh my goodness I think I want to be a wedding planner!"

"Okay Snow, anything you want. I will do anything for you." It was like she was here but she wasn't. She just wandered off into her world of lala land. Here I am sitting on her bed waiting for her to stop rambling about her plans and she just keeps on going.

I pulled her into me and kissed her, she was shocked so she hesitated but she gave in and smiled. I smirked against her lips, she just needed to be pulled out of those thoughts of hers.

She pulled away and looked up at me with those innocent blue eyes that I love so much. I know I sound like a cliche and I just met her but this is my true mate right here and Hannah my old mate is forgotten.

"I think you should go." She said quietly. 

"Yes I will see you tomorrow, where you can tell me all about our wedding plans even though we never even planned it."

"I like to have everything planned in advance, just ask my pack mates."

"Good night Snow."

"Night."