Childhood

"Salim!"
"Salim?"
"Don't hide from me. Come out ."
"Salim. Come out with my Veena.
Don't mess with my Veena, Salim you know how much I love my instrument. Salim please." Madhuri , wearing a beautiful red long ghagra choli with a long yellow dupatta was shouting near the palace 's gardens searching for Salim. Her bestfriend since childhood.

Salim is the son of the great king Azam Shah. He is the holder of the crown after his father. His father used to train him with swords and teach him the royal responsibilities since he was 10 years old .
Madhuri is the daughter of the renowned singer Samundra Gupta ji in the kingdom of Azam Shah . He taught her to sing and play Veena the string instrument. She also learnt kathak a classical dance. She is a phenomenal dancer and blessed with beauty. She has long thick black hairs , her eyes and her smile is to die for.

"Salim please come out ."
Salim jumped from the trees and scared her from behind. Prince Salim was dressed with a long-sleeved garment with pyjama, he wore a knee-length coat whose sleeves reached half way to the elbows. At the waist a kamarband was tied whose two gold tipped ends hung from a looped knot on the left.
"God! Salim you scared me ."
"That was the plan Madhu."
"Where is my Veena?"
"Find it yourself."
"Salim , I want it now."
"Find it "
She stared at him with anger and frustration.
"Okay fine, let me give you a clue, a place where you can feel the rain, the sun, the winds and my favourite place of the palace." Salim hinted with a smile on his face.
"Your favourite place ?" She thought for a while and jumped in excitement.
"The terrace!" She yelled and ran towards the palace.
Salim followed her knowing that she is right.
She finally found her Veena placed right on the swing . She happily went towards it and checked each and every thing.
"Salim I am very frustrated with you , you always mess with me . "
" It's fun to watch you pissed off."
" Oh is it ?"
" Yes yes "
" I am not talking to you . Get away."
" Hey Madhu, come on."
" No , go away don't come near me ."
" Madhu ? Madhu please don't get mad ." He was pleading her.
" No means no , I am going back to my house and never play with my Veena ever again." She started stroming off and he followed her .
"Hey Madhu, I am so sorry, please wait." He held her hand .
" You are sorry?"
" Yes I am ."
" How can I be sure?" She asked
" You can tell me anything I will do that for your forgiveness."
Just besides them there was a beautiful pond filled with pink lotuses . There was one blue Lotus exactly at the centre of the pond.
" You bring me that blue Lotus and I will forgive you."
"Fine." Saying it he jumped into the pond and started swimming towards the blue Lotus.
" Salim! Be careful please." She was worried as she taught he might not jump but he did.
Salim swam until he reached the blue Lotus , he took it and swam back towards Madhuri . She helped him come out of the water.
"Here, your blue Lotus and I am sorry."
"Salim, you, you are forgiven. And I am sorry too for making you jump in the water ."
" Anything for you ." They laughed together.

"Prince Salim , honourable king has asked for you ." A guard informed.
"Sure coming." He replied.
" So , I will see you tomorrow Salim."
" Yes definitely Madhu"
They waved each other and started walking on their respective routes.

"Greetings father."
" My prince, come here . I have something for you. "
" Yes father."
" This is a new bow and arrow for you. I need you to practice daily."
" Yes father I will."
" I will come and personally see your progress and focus only on this nothing else, no wasting your time playing with your friends. You understand me ?"
" But father -"
" No but . You have to, its my order. "
" Yes ." He put his head down in sadness.
"Please don't do this dear king, our son is just sixteen, let him enjoy a little." His mother requested .
"It's my order."
" Yes father." He bowed his head down and made his way out .

It was about midnight and Salim was not able to sleep . He wished to meet Madhuri. He knew that meeting her is the only good feeling he might have. Madhuri's house was in the palace 's boundary as her father was the official singer of the palace.
He silently made his way out of his room , tiptoed in the huge hallways , hid himself from the guards and soldiers and slowly slowly moved towards her house.
"Madhu!" He whispered near her window, but she didn't come out.
"Madhu!" Once again he tried but no response.
Now he was getting restless. He decided to climb her window. He started climbing trying not to make a single noise.
Salim was now on her balcony and knocked at the window.
" Madhuri!"
He saw her braiding her hair and singing a beautiful song. As she heard the knock she turned around and was surprised to see him. She opened the window and started bombarding him with questions.
" What are you doing here? You shouldn't be here. We can get caught. Please go away , why do you do this Salim."
"Breath,breath atleast let me in ."
" I can't, now go away."
" I can't sleep. That's why I am here. "
" You stupid man, go away."
" My father , he told me to stop playing with you and focus on archery ."
" Oh ! " She sighed
" I don't feel good Madhu."
" Oh Salim! I feel sorry for you . "
" You know what could make me feel better?"
" What?"
" A beautiful song in your beautiful voice."
" Now?"
" Yes here or else I won't go ."
" Salim ! I can't."
" You have to , for me,or I won't go."
" Salim" . He was not going to listen to her , he was still in her balcony.
" Fine , but then you will go , safely. You promise?"
" I promise ."
She started singing a beautiful song in low voice so that only he could hear.
He was satisfied and mesmerized by her voice.
After his wish got fulfilled, Salim 's face was lit up again with joy.
" Thank you Madhu. "
" Now go please."
" As promised."
He started climbing down.
" Go safe!"
" Yes"
She looked at him leaving with a long smile on her face .