just friends?

The next morning, as per their routines, Salim went on to his practice and Madhuri to her singing lessons.
Her father used to take her classes almost everyday. Everyone in the palace was mesmerized by her amazing voice. She sang as well played her Veena at the same time .Her father was very proud of her.
" You are just fifteen and so great , by practising daily you would be a renowned singer all over the world. "
" Thank you father." She was so happy after hearing compliments from her father.
" Madhuri! You done here?" Her friend Mohini asks her standing at the door of the room.
" Yes why?"
" We have our dance lessons today. "
" Oh yes right . Coming. Thank you father for today." She touched his feet, took his blessings and left for her dance lessons.
With singing, Madhuri is also a phenomenal dancer. She was learning kathak since she was eight.
She entered the class room , which was right besides the palace.
She did her 'Namaskar' which is also known as the prayer and began her practice.
The sound of the ghungroos, in a particular beat , her expressions while performing ,her hand gestures and everything was perfect.

While she was performing, someone was watching her through the window. It was Salim. For the final look, she spins and looked directly at the window, that's when she noticed him staring at her. He gave her a giant smile and made a hand gesture of clapping for her. Her cheeks were red as she was blushing very hard , she gave a beautiful smile towards him.
" Madhuri , what happened?"
Everyone looked at her and then looked at Salim standing at the window.
" Salim happened." Everyone started laughing and teasing her .She hid her face smiling.
" Dear prince , boys are not allowed in here, she will come afterwards." They started teasing him now .
" Why? Watch me come."
Salim entered and everyone was looking at them.
" Should we leave madhu?"
" Shut up, nothing is going on between us , we are just friends."
" Really?!"
" Stop teasing her ." Salim said to all the girls in there.
" As you wish prince." Everyone laughing went outside.

" What are you doing here? You are not supposed to be here ."
" I wanted to see you and hear you."
" Hear me ?"
" Could you please sing for me?"
" Why should I?"
" Because I am asking. Please Madhu I want to hear you."
" Fine." She could never say no to him .
" Look I brought your Veena with me ."
He handed her veena and sat down to listen.
She started singing his favourite song and that moment was the one they both couldn't forget ever. She sang the whole song looking at him and he sat their admiring with all his heart.
" Madhuri?"
" Yes , I want a promise from you."
" What?"
" You will only sing for me . No one else. Only me."
She giggled and said," Okay , I promise."
He smiled again .
" Well you broke our practice in the middle, you weren't supposed to do that ." She said to him.
" You were perfect, the rest of the girls need practice not you."
" Salim! Don't talk like that."
" Sorry , but if you want you can continue your practice."
" Oh ! Okay get out then."
" No. I want to see your practice."
" Why?"
" I want to see if you do everything correctly ."
" Oh you are going to see that ?" She chuckled.
" Yes ofcourse, if you go wrong, I will punish you."
" You will punish me ? "
" Of course I am very strict dance teacher." Salim was having a lot of fun .
" Do you know anything about dance? You would faint easily while doing even one spin ." She said in a challenging tone.
" I won't."
" I don't believe you ."
" I can show you ."
" Show me then."
He got up , looked at her as a competition.
" Look at me now. "
" Yes yes go ahead."
He spins once .
" Look"
" That was a circle Salim " she said laughing," that's not a spin."
" Then what is it ?"
" Watch me."
She spins around herself , simultaneously around Salim. Salim was standing in the middle and she was spinning around him. Salim's mouth was left wide open.
" See, this is called a spin."
" I can do that too." Salim said .
" Oh go ahead please."
Salim looked a little tensed now .
He tried to spin around her as she did
But just in 3 spins he lost his balance and almost was going to fall down when Madhuri held him and started laughing loudly.
" Great Salim , this was awesome!" She laughed so hard holding him in her arms .
When she looked at him, he was not laughing but he was looking at her laugh . It was like he was painting her picture in his mind through his eyes.
When she noticed that , she stopped laughing too and stared in his eyes.
He went near her ear and whispered
" Madhu , I -"