off to the war

" Are you ready for the battle son?"
" Of course I am . "
" Good May the best man win."
" I should take your leave now."
" Where to now ? Go to sleep!"
" I need to check on her if she has been given food today. Some people's cruelty has risen."
" What do you mean?"
" How can someone do this to a person? To a woman? How - leave it , I don't break promises." Salim was controlling his anger.
" You will gain nothing by this son. Even if you marry her, no one will accept you both. It doesn't fit in the rules that a king is marrying  a widow."
" We will see about that. And yes she has an identity other than being a widow."
" Oh yes right she is a dancer " His father laughed.
" No she is a queen. "
" Shut up."
" Of course!" He left the room and went to Madhuri.

" Did you had your dinner?"
" Yes"
" Any lies in here?"
" No !" She laughed.
" Fine but still let me make sure ."
He asked the guards if they saw her eating. It turns out she was telling the truth.
" Okay then good !"
" Yes!"
" Listen, I would be going for the battle tomorrow. Are you sure you will be fine?"
" Of course Salim."
" I can take you with me but it can be dangerous so -"
" I am in here Salim, you can't take me"
" I know but still-"
" I will be fine. You stay safe please."
" Yes "
" Remember you some one waiting for you to come home ."
" Ofcourse my dear. I would always come back to my dear wife."
" Salim!"
" What ? We are getting married so let me practice a little."
" Stop now . Please be alert and stay safe ."
" I will ,don't worry. I have informed the guards everything, if you need anything please tell them okay ? and if they do something like that again, tell my mother ,she will definitely help you , understood?"
" Yes, don't worry at all ."
" Good. God! I will miss you lot!"
" Me too."
" You keep this ring with you. It's mine . Wear this, it will remind you of me."
" I don't need anything to remind me of you. But it's beautiful. I should give something to you too but right now I have nothing."
" You already have given me"
" What?"
He put his hand in his pocket and took out something.
" Look!"
He pulled out the earrings which she had given to him when they were young and she was stuck in the palace at night. He helped her climb a wall.
" Oh my god ! It was with you? I was searching for it , I thought I lost it ."
" Your these earrings have kept me sane in Agra. It felt like you were there with me and I am not returning it to you. "
" Okay " she giggled
" I will come back soon madhu and end all of this."
" I know . I will be waiting for you."
She smiled. Salim leaned for a kiss.
They kissed each other goodbye.

The next morning , Salim was getting ready to leave. Before leaving, he went to his mother to take her blessings.
" May you win my son!"
" Thank you mother. Actually I want to request you something."
" What happened son?"
" Actually -"
" Don't hesitate go ahead."
" Actually I want you to look after Madhuri, she doesn't take care of herself, would you please?"
" Of course I would. "
" Thank you mother!"
He hugged his mother and took her leave .
" Wait ! I need to go somewhere. I will be back in minutes, till then please get ready with the horses.

" Hey Madhu!"
" Oh my you look so -"
" Handsome?"
" Ofcourse!"
" I am leaving."
" Oh right. All the very best to you "
" Thank you "
" Come near." Madhuri asked.
He came near the rails. She put her hand inbetween the rails and placed her hand on his cheeks.
" I will miss you ."
" I will miss you too."
" Take care!"
" Yes you too."
" I will be back soon"
" Yes."
He said goodbye to her and left for the war.

Salim had planned each and every step. His strategy was very clear, attack when least expected. Salim has his eyes only on winning. He had the right motivation.

The war had been going on for three days . No one had yet won . Salim was still fighting fierce with all his strength. They knew that now this won't go long, they have to do something or else they can lose. They started to use their strategies.
The next few days were crucial.

Meanwhile, Salim's mother visited Madhuri in her prison .
" How are you doing?"
" Oh , it's - your honour" she bowed towards her
" No need to call me your honour, you can call me mother."
" Thank you mother"
" Are you doing okay?"
" Yes I am alright."
" Really? Because then I have to face my son, he is really strict about you."
" No I am really okay." They both laughed together.
" Well just so you know, I support you both. You are perfect for each other. You should marry each other."
" Thank you so much, mother it means a lot to us."
" I hope he comes back soon ."
" He will."