love and care

The very same day, Madhuri was already in the palace practicing her dance just when Salim entered.
" Madhuri, come with me ." He ordered.
" Where? What happened?"
" Just come."
All the girls were looking at them. His face didn't look happy at all. Madhuri didn't move at all .
" Madhu come." Saying this he took her hand and started walking.
" What happened?! Tell me something."
" I want to show you something ."
Saying this he took her to his practice room. He made her stand there and called a guard for help.
" Now look at this carefully, please be comfortable and remove that nose thing and jewellery. I would say take that dupatta off but it's on you."
" Why?"
" See, if some one grabs you like this" He asked the guard to hold him in a certain way.
" Then you place your both hands like this and try to take them off applying force from this side, can you see? Use whatever force you have in . Use of legs in this can be a plus point. Use kicks or some bending like this to get out of the grab and push hard." He demonstrated in front off her.
" What is this Salim?" She got an idea as in why he was doing this .
Salim went towards her.
" Listen to me, Madhu, sometimes , unfortunately , due to any reasons, if I couldn't reach or couldn't be there when you need my help, I want you to be there for yourself. You should know how to protect yourself. "
" Salim it's not like that!"
He then held her face.
" See Madhu, please learn this, do this , if not for yourself then do it for me. Please , for me?"
She didn't look at him and started looking down .
" Look at me! Always look at me. "
She looked at him as he asked her to.
" Madhu, you used to be so bold when we were kids . You used yell at our friends when they used to tease me or used to trouble me . If someone did you wrong, you used to teach them a good lesson. Then what happened now?"
" You understand me?"
She nodded.
" Please would you do this for me?"
" Okay." She finally agreed.
" Thank you! Come here now, look. Did you get whatever you just saw?"
" Yes . "
" Let's try then ."
Salim softly held her.
" If you hold me like this then I don't want to escape you."
He started laughing.
" Then don't " he went close to her.
" Salim!" She walked a little away with a mischievous smile.
" Okay let's not shift our focus! Let's try with this sword. Can you hold it?"
" Yes ofcourse"
" Here take then"
He handed her the sword, as soon as she held it, she went down with the sword as it was too heavy for her. He held her laughing.
" You can definitely hold it ." He was laughing hard.
" Stop laughing."
" Okay okay. We need a lot of practice."
" I know."
" Meet me here everyday this time. I will teach you myself."
" Okay teacher!"
" Hey Madhu!" They both started laughing.

" Prince! What are you doing with her?" Princess Roop was standing here watching them in each other's arms .
" What are you doing here?" Prince asked her .
" How dare you ask me this now? You are here with another girl, who is by the way already married and you are asking me ?"
" Please excuse me, don't talk like that , you are no one to question me ." Salim said in a polite way.
" Ofcourse I am, I am a princess, I am going to be your wife. I have all the rights. She is just a dancer who dances when you order. She is nothing compared to me."
" Stop this nonsense. You are no one to me and don't you talk about her that way." Salim was angry but he still maintained his tone.
" Oh then I will talk about you . You cheater, what will you do when you will become the king , oh I have better what will your father say about all this? I didn't know that you are such a -" Roop started yelling at him.
" Stop! Don't you dare talk about the prince in such a way." Madhuri stormed at her .
" He is going to be the king , talk with respect! He is talking so calmly with you without even raising his voice towards you which you are doing all opposite. " Madhuri started yelling at her.
" Now you are talking?"
" Please stop this now ! Princess please go to your room, I will come to sort this out . Please I request."
" Fine. I am not letting this go so easily." Roop stromed off.
" God this woman! " Salim said .
" Please take it carefully." Madhuri told Salim.
" Yes ."
" Listen, I have a doubt." Salim said.
" Go on"
" When she was insulting you , you didn't say a word , but when she started accusing me, you yelled at her . Why ?" He knew the answer, he Just wanted to hear it from her.
" Because I don't care if she insults me , but she insulted you and I couldn't listen to it anymore that's why I -"
" No that's not real reason."
" Then ?"
" It's because you love me , you are been doing this since our childhood. "
She smiled towards him.

Salim had a talk with Roop and his father, where fortunately she didn't tell anything about Madhuri to his father. No one was ready to take this marriage thing back . Salim 's coronation day was around the corner.

It was almost night and Salim was getting ready to meet Madhuri as he had arranged this time for them . He sent Hamzal away to the borders of the kingdom far away and Madhuri had no idea . He had all this planned already. He had prepared a beautiful garland of her favourite flowers and he set off towards her house.