love vs prejudice

Salim was in between the rituals waiting for her to arrive. He kept looking at the entrance again again waiting for her to come. But there was no sign of her.

Just then he heard a scream of his name echoing in the palace. He was sure that it was Madhuri. He immediately stood up and without even thinking, he rushed outside. His father and other members tried to stop him but he wasn't listening to anyone. He went outside to look for her.
When he saw her crying, covered in blood asking for help he rushed towards her. She saw him coming towards her so she went straight to him.

" Salim! Salim! Please - please come - come with me.- I - I killed him- I mean I think I killed him. Please help me , look at him. He - " She wasn't able to convey the right message to him. She placed her hands on his chest in all panic.
" Oh ! No! I am so sorry to stain your clothes, I didn't mean to- I am sorry! " She was so panicked that she didn't even realised what she was speaking.
" Madhu! Madhu! Stop stop! Breath please! Calm down. Tell me what happened! " He tried to calm her down.
" I - Hamzal , I stabbed him- accidently, please come. I don't know what to do."
" Okay okay Madhu I heard. Calm down "
" Please I don't know what, please come with me!"
" I am coming with you, let's go ."
Without thinking Salim went with her. For him being there for her was more important than any of it.

When they entered her house, he saw that Hamzal was lying on the ground with his hands on his stomach alive with a blood stained sword right next to him. When he saw Madhuri, he yelled.
" I am going to kill you !"
" I am so sorry, I didn't mean to!"
" Madhu stop! Tell me what's going on please."
" He was trying to hurt me , with the sword, I knocked it off from him and just wanted to run but he - he pounced upon me and I just pushed the sword ahead without looking, and it accidentally stabbed him in the stomach, I didn't mean to Salim . He was bleeding, I thought he will die and I killed him that's why I was- "
" I got it. Madhu you didn't kill him, it's sad. But you used what you have learnt, I am proud of you."
" What?!"
" I knew this, Salim you are dead now, I am going to tell the king everything, just wait and watch." Hamzal was on the ground not able to stand but his bad behaviour didn't even stop for a second.
" Madhu, you thought he was dead right? "
She looked at him strangely.
" Now he will be. "
Saying this Salim went upon him.
" How dare you touch her. " He caught his collar, made him stand and pinned him towards the wall.
" Salim! Stop!" Madhuri shouted. She hadn't seen Salim so angry ever. Salim was all red and wasn't even able to listen.
" You are going to hell!" Salim started punching and beating him continuously. Hamzal tried to escape but he couldn't. Madhuri tried to control his anger but it was of no use .
Then Salim picked up the sword and stabbed him . Hamzal 's loud screams made people gather and look at the them fighting. Salim had killed him.
Seeing his dead body, Madhuri went into shock.
" Salim what did you do ?"
" I did the right thing. He supposed to be dead." Saying this he hugged the crying madhuri.
" Please everyone watching here, be careful, I am going to start a self-defense practices in the palace for all women. If you ever find yourself in such situations, please inform me . I will definitely help you!"

He saw the marks on her neck and her hands.
" He did this right?"
Madhuri nodded. He once again started punching Hamzal who was already dead.
" Salim stop! He is dead ! Get off!"
" This man! I am glad you are safe ."
" But now, what? Everything is over Salim, my husband is dead! Do you understand anything?"
" Nothing is over, you didn't kill your husband, I killed him. He deserved worse than this to be true. "
" Salim! No , now what?"
" Stop crying first, it's okay, it's all over now, no one will trouble you now." He made her feel safe in his arms .
" I spoiled your coronation. I am so sorry Salim, I am very guilty. Sorry "
" Are you insane? Stop you didn't do anything please stop blaming yourself."
" I am so sorry!"
" Madhu!"

This all didn't take much time to reach the king. His father was already pissed off at him for leaving the ceremony and now this, killing the army general. This was going to be a though battle . He called both of them to the royal court.

Salim entered in the court holding Madhuri 's hand. He knew it wasn't going to easy. Both of them had to face consequences and the anger of his father.

Salim's father walked towards Salim as he entered. Salim looked down . His father waited for a second and then slapped him hard.
" How dare you! How can you leave the ceremony just like that? For this woman!"
Salim didn't utter a word.
" You leave the ceremony for this?"
He turned to Madhuri
"And yes and you killed the army general, your husband?"
" She didn't kill him, I killed him." Salim said.
" Oh so it was you? I thought she killed her own husband. And may I ask why did you do that?"
" He attacked her, that's why."
" But when she came here I heard she had blood on her hands."
" She tried to defend herself."
" She doesn't talk?"
He looked at Madhuri with a death glare.
" Tell me , you Madhuri isn't it ? Tell me how should I punish you?"
" Your majesty please forgive me."
" Why are you punishing her? I killed him, it's not her fault."
" I know that son, you are the hero of the story, I got it . She interrupted the coronation ceremony, she took the prince with her, made the prince to kill someone. She made you blind prince! That's why."
" Father is this nonsense."
" Language son!" He yelled at Salim.
" Sorry but this is insane, I love her . Only her. I intend to marry her."
" You want to marry a widow?"
" I want her , widow, married, unmarried I don't care, she is mine !"
" Prince stop this ! She has always come in your way to become the king. She needs to be punished! Do you accept this Madhuri?"
" No she doesn't!"
" Salim! Don't make this harder ! I will remove you from this position forever you understand?! And I think she has a voice for herself, let her talk."
" Please your majesty, I accept everything, please don't do anything wrong with your son!"
" Madhuri stop! You don't know what he can do please!"
" Salim please shut up !" the king ordered.
" No! Why do think this is bad ?"
" I am not letting my son marry a widow."
" Madhuri please don't cry, everything will be fine. I will do it ."
" No ! Salim please don't do anything for me . Please! I am just creating problems for you , no I can't do that !" Madhuri said to him.
" No madhu no. It's their problem, they are having a narrow mind! This not bad, it's love , true love , They all think it's black , as the bad luck ! But their mind is black, our love is beautiful, like your long black hairs, like your dark black eyes, like the night sky . It's love which no one can defeat. Not even you, father. I am marrying her . "
" Stop it son! I have made my decision! "

The king gave up an evil laugh.