the right thing

The next morning, Salim was up before her. He didn't sleep well last night . He was getting ready when she woke up.
" Hey! You are up early ."
" Yes "
" How come?"
" My eyes just opened today."
" Okay"
" You alright?"
" Yes all good. "
" Good. I will be going to meet Saif today in the prison. I want to finish something out."
" About the thing with Safe-"
" Safeena , yes . Don't worry I will tell you everything once I come back."
" Sure"
" Guards are outside, If you need anything just call them . The lady is in the room below and my mother would come here to give you company."
" Okay" She agreed with him without questioning anything. Seeing him yesterday broke her heart.
" I actually wanted to ask you something." She asked.
" Yes go ahead "
" About yesterday, whatever you said, you weren't that serious right?"
" About what ?"
" About me "
" You?"
" Me going away. "
" Yes, I am serious about that."
" But why?"
" Because that's very important."
" No !"
" Please try to understand, you and our child are not safe here. You need to go!"
" There is no danger now, you arrested him."
" So what ? He is not the only enemy I have."
" But why?"
" I told you , I need to protect you both. You have to go madhu!"
" Where?!"
" I am still searching"
" Don't search! I am not going anywhere."
" Madhu "
" Salim! You have to respect my decision too"
" Your decision will bring danger to you."
" I am fine with that."
" Madhu! It's really very serious."
" I can fight."
" I know that, you saved my life, you are so brave , I am proud of you for that madhu, but you shouldn't fight anymore, you know that!"
" Salim you make me feel safe, why don't you understand?"
" Madhu! Do you think it's easy for me? It's not ,okay!"
" I don't know but I am not going! "
" Madhu "
She stormed out of the room.

While she was walking, she bumps into his father.
" Oh ! Your honour!" She showed him respect.
" Madhuri"
" Yes?"
" Actually -" he coughed.
" I heard about yesterday"
" Oh"
" You saved my son's life?"
" I - I mean I did , he saved mine actually but I saved an attack -". She began to fumble .
" I got it."
" Sorry"
" I wanted to thank you for saving his life."
" Oh no no, it's my duty."
" Good to hear."
And then he left .

Madhuri was still in shock that his father, who never accepted her, thanked her today . She wanted to tell this to Salim immediately so she went back towards the room. But when she entered Salim had already left and his mother was waiting inside.
" Hey Madhuri!"
" Mother, Salim?"
" He left ."
" Oh okay"
" What happened between you two? He looked disturbed."
" I don't know what's gotten into him but he is insisting on me to go somewhere else, away from him. I don't want to but he is not ready to listen to me . He thinks I am unsafe here because of him. It's nothing like that."
" Oh ! he is taking a really drastic step. He was so shattered yesterday when you were unconscious and that lady expressed a chance about your child. I had never seen him cry like that ever before. That's why  he is doing this."
" I understand that, but I can't stay away like that! Please would you talk to him about this?"
" Okay I will , don't worry."
" Thank you mother. I hope he understands"

Salim entered the prison cell. He was standing outside saif 's prison.
" Oh here he comes! Prince oh no king Salim , am I right?"
" Saif "
" Here to kill me ?"
" No , I am here to talk to you."
" Talk then, I am listening ."
" We have a huge misunderstanding about Safeena."
" Misunderstanding? You stole her from me . You thief."
" No I didn't steal her , I saved her from you."
" You saved her?! Do you think I am an idiot?"
" Saif listen, you were forcing your love on her, she definately didn't had the same feelings towards you. She asked for my help and I helped her."
" You were my friend Salim, you betrayed me! She had feelings for you didn't she ? So you used her to get at me!"
" You forced yourself on her, she was scared, she asked me to help her and I did. Nothing beyond that."
" She said that she wanted you that's why she was rejecting me!"
" You should learn to accept rejections."
" Salim , I loved her, she was mine! You took her from me. You told her bad things about me so that you could have her."
" No , you showed her yourself. "
" You knew she had feelings for you,
didn't you?"
" I knew. She told me herself."
" What about you ? "
" I didn't love her. "
" I saw you both together that day before leaving near the lake. Don't lie to me!"
" She was thanking me. "
" I don't believe you."
" I don't care about that, you hurt my wife , because of you my child was in danger . I am not sparing you saif!" He banged the prison rails.
" Your child? Oh is she pregnant?!" He laughed.
" Shut up!"

Salim went back to his room when he met his mother on his way.
" Mother!"
" Salim I want to talk to you, come to my room."
" Where is Madhuri? "
" She is in her room , I told her to sleep "
" Okay "
They went to his mother 's room.
" Yes mother?"
" Why are you asking Madhuri to move away?"
" She told you?"
" Answer me Salim "
" I want her to be safe that's it"
" Safe away from her husband?"
" Yes , she is safe when she is away from me ."
" It's not like that Salim. Don't make her go away . You both can't live without each other right? She is pregnant, the child needs his father to be around too."
" I understand that mother, my child is unsafe here, I am just being a good father and protecting them."
" You are right son, but making her go isn't the right option."
" It is the only option mother "
" Where are you planning her to go?"
" I am thinking Agra . It's the best option according to me . My teacher would be there, that's the most safest place. That place is surrounded by warriors and my teacher would pay attention to her. "
" She is not ready to go , how are you going to convince her?"
" I don't know! I will talk to her."
" She won't agree with you."
" Then I will fight with her, mother. I will fight with her. If she is angry with me maybe she would want to go!"
" Salim, please listen to me . I don't think you should do this."
" I am sorry mother, but this time I don't want to take any risk."
" You will be alone Salim! What about that? Can you live without her?"
" I can't ! Ofcourse I can't. But for that I want her alive, in front of me with my child."
" Salim"
" It's just a matter of a few months mother, I will go to see her every time it's possible, I will make all the arrangements for her . When I think this place is safe , I will bring her back myself."
" Salim I understand your concern about her but she can't live without you nor you can . Let this go please."
" I am sorry, I can't."

Saying that he left the room .

" Our room is ready! We can move back there today." She said as Salim entered.
" Nice "
" Did you talk to Saif?"
" Yes, come sit here, let's talk."
" Yes"
" So , me and Saif were together taking lessons in Agra. We used to be friends. He was always someone who would always fight with me with great strength. "
" Oh"
" Safeena was the granddaughter of my teacher. She was very good in archery. She used to practice with us whenever we had archery lessons. That's when we all became friends, me ,Saif and safeena. But later, Saif starting having feelings for her. So when he asked her, she rejected him . He was heavily moved by the rejection . So after that day , he started troubling her."
" What?!"
" He used to cause difficulties for her and then save her from them to show that he is her saviour. I tried to stop him but he doesn't listen. He thought that she insulted him by her rejection. It took that on his self respect and started trying harder and harder. "
" That man!"
" Then one day she came to me and asked for my help to keep him away from her . I did help her. I tried my best. But then he started doubting me that I wanted her so I am keeping him away from her. One day at night , Saif went to her room and once again asked her. When he asked her the reason she was rejecting him , she said that she loved me and I heard that. Saif didn't know that I heard her ."
" What?"
" That made him piss off more and he started forcing himself on her. Thankfully, I reached there on time and saved her from him. She went and complained to her father. Her father expelled him and sent him back. So then, she came to meet me at the lake to thank me for helping her and confessed her love towards me . "
" What did you do then?"
" I always loved you, it's always been you Madhu. So I said no to her. She accepted it too . I told her about you , she said I was lucky to have you."
" She seems kind."
" Yes "
" Why are you looking at me like that ?" Salim asked.
" I have the greatest man of all " she said proudly.