A bad mess

Salim' s father had called him today at the royal court for some meeting he wasn't aware of . He was told that it was a meeting with the king Jashan of Maheshwari.
" King Jashan , this is my son , soon to be the king, Salim. " Azam Shah proudly spoke about his son. Salim received the blessings of the king.
" And this is his daughter, Roop."
Salim bowed his head . She smiled towards him.
" We heard about your son's wonderful skills. We are so honoured that you chose our daughter."
" No doubt King Jashan, you have been quite a help to me all these years and Roop is a very sweet woman. She can definitely give the right support to Salim."
Salim couldn't understand a thing going on between them. Roop, on the other hand kept on looking at him and he didn't know what to do .
" Father! I need to talk to you ." He said
" Yes Salim, later. Please show Roop around the palace , she should know about it now." His father said with a hint of laughter. Roop was smiling now. She got up and Salim took her outside.
" Dear prince, can you show me your room? I would love to see it ."
" What's going on , I can't understand anything, who are you?"
" What do you mean? You are going to marry me."
" Who told you this?"
" Your father!"
" No no not at all, I am not marrying you! It's been some misunderstanding! I don't mean to hurt you , not at all, I am so sorry but i didn't agree with any of this !"
" What? You are supposed to marry me and I am marrying you, I like you ."
" I don't!" Salim being restless , he didn't know what to do .
" Wait here! I am going to talk to my father. Don't get lost."
" Fine ." She sighed. She knew what she wanted. She wanted him. In her head she was already married to him when she first saw him entering. She kept walking in the palace when she heard Madhuri and her friends talking about something in the kitchen area .

" No , don't do this, he won't like it ."
" We know what prince likes . I have been serving him since he arrived."
" No but he doesn't like it this way , reduce the sugar . He hates it if it's too sweet!"
" Fine!"
" Who are you?" Roop entered and asked Madhuri.
" I am Madhu- Radhika, my name is Radhika."
" How do you know so much about the prince?"
" We are childhood best friends. "
" Oh "
" Who are you?"
" I am Roop, the daughter of King Jashan."
" Oh I am sorry!" She bowed towards her.
" Can you tell me more things about Prince Salim about his likes and dislikes? Seems you know a lot about him."
" Yes why not but why?"
" He would love it if his wife would make his favourite dishes for him."
" His wife?"
" Oh yes, we are getting married!"
" You are?" Madhuri's face when all off.
" Princess Roop! I have been searching for you all over the palace!" Salim stopped talking after seeing Roop with Madhuri.
" I was talking to Radhika about-"
" Madhuri! Her name is Madhuri." Salim cut her off.
" Lets go prince, I wanna see your room."
" May I please talk to Madhuri, alone?" Salim asked Roop.
Hearing this her face lit up with jealousy.
Salim didn't even wait to hear her response and took Madhuri with him.

" Madhuri, I don't know what she said but it's nothing like it!"
" You are marrying her?"
" No I am not, I don't want to at all, I mean my father, he decided this for me and I didn't know anything, I am not - I mean, I didn't know until now , you understand - means -"
" Salim! Stop. I don't want you to explain all this to me. I understand. I know you , I trust you with my life."
" Thank you!"
" It's okay ! "
" And one more thing, you are Madhuri, not Radhika you understand?"
" Yes."
" Good! I am going back to sort things out , see you later!"
" Sure !"

Salim went to see his father immediately.
" Father, what are you doing?"
" What?"
" Why are you making me Marry that woman?"
" You are going to be the king so you need someone besides you."
" So?"
" So, you are marrying her. I know her , she is good. Her father has a lot of favours in this kingdom. He helped in wars and other things."
" So ? You are using me as a return to his favours?"
" You should marry her ! end of the story."
" I can't father, it's my decision."
" You will do as I say."
" Why do you want to destroy another woman's life ? Again?!"
" What do you mean again?"
" With Madhuri! You did the same."
" It's about her then. She still has you covered."
" It's not about that. You made her marry some guy of your choice and destroyed her life too."
" She had to marry some day , her husband is in our army . Girls shouldn't stay unmarried too long."
" So you married her off ?"
" What is actually wrong with you, she still has you wrapped around her little finger , doesn't she? That's why I married her off! To make her go away from you, but no, she still has her control over you ."
" Father!" He yelled in anger.
" If you wouldn't have shifted your focus from training to her, you would have been here all this time!"
" That's why you sent me?" He looked so disappointed.
" Doesn't matter now, look at you, you are a great warrior and now you are going to be a great king. So shut your mouth and get ready for a grand wedding!"
" Father stop!"
" Get out."