Good bye

The next day, as usual Madhuri was waiting for Salim at their decided spot. When he didn't arrive, she thought he must be busy with his practices. Later she went on with her daily routine thinking about him .

"Why didn't he come today ?"
"He never missed any of our other meetings but why today ?"

It's been 2 days , and still no contact of Salim. She went to this room to check on him.
" Hey! You can't go inside. Prince has instructed us not to send anyone inside."
" But I want to see him urgently, could you please for sometime?"
"No ."
" Salim you there?" She shouted towards the door. " Can I come ? I want to talk."
There was no response from the other side.
" Salim?"
" Please leave, I request you." The guards asked her to leave.

Salim was there. Inside. He heard her. He badly wanted to see her, talk to her, hug her. But he had no guts to face her and tell her that he will be leaving her. He will be gone far away from her. Even he didn't know when he will be back . He was sure that it's gonna be years and years they won't see each other. He just couldn't face her.

She came back again to try . Everytime there was no answer from the other side.
"Salim is anything wrong? Have I done something you didn't like? Salim talk to me please. What happened? Tell me , Salim." She kept on asking him through the door.
Salim was crying inside. He just couldn't, he didn't have that strength to say goodbye to her.

At that very same night, Salim made up his mind and decided to meet her. As usual he climbed the palace wall and ran towards her house and climbed her balcony. He knocked at the window. As soon as she saw him , she was delighted and happy to see him again . She was crying in happy tears.
"Salim where were you ? Why didn't you come? Why did you ignore me ? Have I done something wrong? Tell me . How are you?" Madhuri said everything in one breath.
He placed his finger on her lips making her quiet. Salim now couldn't hold it anymore.

Salim slowly touched her cheek, then he moved towards her eyes and then moved her hair strands behind her ear. He then brushed his thumb on her lips giving away a small smile with tears rolling down his cheeks.
" Salim?"
" Don't talk." Saying that he hugged her holding her head in his hand. He hugged her so tight and didn't want to let her go . After few minutes, he let her go, he kissed her forehead and cupped her face,
" Take care Madhu, I love you."
" Salim I love you too . But why all this , what's wrong?"
He gave a smile .
" Don't worry, it will be fine. Take care of yourself Madhu." Saying that he climbed down her window. He looked at her once again from below.
" Madhu? "
" Yes?"
" Smile ." She did as He said.
He was satisfied. He waved her good bye and went back to the palace.

The next morning, Madhuri was in between her dance practice. And her friend Mohini, rushed in .
" Madhu! Madhu! " She was huffing.
" What? What happened?"
" Salim- "
" What about Salim?"
" Madhu, Salim-"
" What Mohini talk!"
" He is going."
" Going where?"
" He is leaving right now - he is in the carriage, he is going"
" Where is he going?"
" He going madhu, he is not coming back! His father sent him away ."
"What?!" Hearing this Madhuri ran for her life towards the gates.
" Salim! Salim !" She was shouting all the way towards the gates. He friends followed her .
She was running so fast she didn't even care if she hits something on the way.
" Salim!"
She was late . When she reaches the gates , the carriages were already left.
She was only able to see those at a far away distance.
" Salim ! No No No!" She started crying.
" Sali------m!" She shouted with all the life she had in her. She was crying very badly.
" Salim stop!"
Her friends held her as she kneeled to the ground.
" He is gone? He didn't say goodbye to me , how could he just go? Salim?!"
She was devastated. Her friends couldn't see her bad condition. They tried to pick her up but she kept looking at the going away carriages and kept calling out his name .
She cried out loud .
" He didn't tell me- I - I asked- him he didn't - say anything to me . He is gone?" She couldn't even talk properly.
" Madhuri calm down please."
" When is he coming back ?"
They nodded their heads in a no.
" Madhu please get up , let's go in ."
" No no , he - he is-"
They lifted her up and took her back. She kept looking back hoping that this might not be true.