28 - Jaws

Heyyy there, this is Chapter 28! I'm so surprised! It's gotten so far! Thank you all so much for the support, I love you all dearly! (I love reading the comments, they make me giggle :p) The song to the right fits this chapter in so many ways.... ;)

(ps. Yes, the picture I put on her is the same one as my background. I figured some of you probably haven't been to my profile to ogle it, and I also figured that some of you wouldn't mind a second glimpse...;)

Chapter 28

My heart is pounding so loud right now I'm not surprised PugFace hasn't heard it yet.

She's standing right outside the door I'd just shut, growling angrily at her She-Ogres.

"...have to find that little bitch! I can't believe she got away from me. I'm gonna choke the life out of that fucking ugly whore-bag..." I had to cover my mouth to stop the 'eep' of panic when she said she was going to choke the life out of me. My hands are trembling against my face, and I'm sweating bullets. The heavy wood door between me and my attackers doesn't make me feel safe by any means.

A familiar voice starts speaking quietly to PugFace. "Flora, why don't we do this some other time? It's during school, and if we get caught-"

"Shut up Em!" Em. Oh yeah. The cronie of PugFace's who somehow had some amount of respect for me and saved my life in Walmart. She'd done me a HUGE favor by not turning me over to Flora and having my life ended right then and there. She was the one just reasoning (or trying to) with Flora.

"I don't give a damn if anyone catches us! No one fucking will! Anyone who isn't a teacher and butts in will get a fist to the teeth." (that image flashes through my mind and I end up finding myself wondering when the next time I could schedule a dentist appointment) PugFace snarls at her cruelly. "I'm finding that little bitch now. And she won't be breathing much longer." (This next image is enough for me to wonder how I'll ever sleep again)

I hear footsteps going away, and PugFace's angry mutterings begin to fade as well. I almost let out a sigh of relief but more voices picked up outside of the door.

"So what the fuck happened? Did that stupid, scrawny bitch yell at her again?" It was Em speaking now, and she sounded annoyed.

"I don't know." Another voice answered, probably the nameless She-Beast whom I didn't know. "We were just walking to our lockers and then Abel calls Flora over. He looked pissed off, like just-barely-holding-back-a-blow-up pissed off-"

"Damn!" Em mutters, concern in her voice. The nameless She-Beast continues before I can really wonder what 'just-barely-holding-back-a-blow-up' could mean.

"Yeah, I know. I haven't seen him like that in a long time. But he called her over and started talking to her, kind of getting in her face. They argued for another like ten seconds and then Abel half-blew after he started his count down."

Count down? The hell?

"What did he say?"

"It was something like 'Just shut up Flora, I can't believe you. I am so fucking disappointed. You lied to my face and right now I don't even know what the hell to do with you. I don't have any respect for you right now' and then walked away. I thought Flora was about to cry at first, but then she told me to call you and she started screaming for that little twat."

"Well that's just fantastic..." Em grumbled, and then she lowered her voice, so much so that I could hardly hear her. "Ok, now if you find her...send her off."

"What?!" The other She-Giant was obviously shocked and Em began shushing her.

"If you find her, send her off." Em repeated, her voice still muted but stern. "Tell her to run for her wimpy little life and get her away from Flora."