8 - 'Romeo, oh Romeo, where for art...'

Chapter 8

Its lunch. The part of the day that I’ve been dreading.

All through fifth hour my eyes were darting around, wondering who was going to come from the shadows and grab me; either Sebastian, Abel, or PugFace. And I fear them in that order, least to most.

In fact, I don’t exactly fear Sebastian. He just bugs the crap out of me, though I suppose I have reason to be leery of him, because, well, I’ve slapped him twice and poured pudding on him. Though he’s only been unbelievably annoying so far, I have a feeling he could pull some horrible shit if he wanted.

Abel’s worried me severely. He just popped up out of nowhere to scare me with his intensity and his hotness. And, because it’s a very personal vendetta he’s set against me – since he thinks he’s protecting his cousin – it makes it even worse! He think he’s protecting Flora from me.

Which makes about as much sense as the Kardashians!! Because his fucking cousin is a fucking She-Beast!! Like three times as a big as me!! She was the one who started this clusterfuck of a mess!! For some reason, she wanted to fight me, and it ended with her getting a very big bump and me gaining two more enemies.

Frustrated, I stab a forkful of the mush the school calls ‘goulash’ and force it down my throat. I gaze around the room, trying to keep all three of my problems in my sights. I’d chosen this spot for this purpose, this lonely little table way off in the corner of the cafeteria. Behind me is an exit, chosen in case I have to make a speedy escape.

Way way in the other far corner, sat Flora and her pack of She-Ogres. (This is also why I chose this spot. So I could be as far away from her as possible. Also in hope she couldn’t smell my fear). As much as I could tell, she was shoving her face full of the nasty goulash. I could imagine why. This stuff does oddly look like entrails.

Not too far off from her was Abel, sitting at a table full of what I had to assume were probably other wrestlers. They’re all as built and bulky as he is. Two girls sit at his table, though neither by him. It’s kind of a surprise to me. I had to imagine that someone as sexy as him would have some girl clinging to him.

And of course, Sebastian is sitting smack dab in the middle of the whole god damned cafeteria. There’s a crowd of people crammed at his table, probably a helluva lot of them just posers trying to fit in. Most of the football team is at the table, and a lot of their girlfriends or bed buddies are there too.

I can see Sebastian perfectly, as he’s directly across from me, laughing his head off about some joke that Graham Beltzer just said. Probably a stupid joke too.

Anyway, Graham Beltzer is also a well sought after football player by many colleges. He’s more affectionately known(not by me!!) as ‘Teddy’. It’s a stupid reference to the little bear-shaped cracker things. Ugh. He’s just as annoyingly hunted after as Sebastian, except Sebastian doesn’t have an annoying nickname. He’s the tight end, and he’s rumored to have a pair of boxers that have those words on the butt.

And that is stupid. That’d be like me getting a pair of underwear that said ‘VICIOUS GEEK’ on the back.

I’m still glaring at Sebastian when Scarlett walks into my sight. I blink up at her, surprised. I hadn’t expected her to come sit with me. Me being in the crosshairs of several very determined people, y’know.

“Oh. Hi.”

She’s gives me this weird smile and shakes her head. “You’re surprised?” She sets her tray down on and sits down, blocking out my view of Sebastian. Whatever. Now there’s less chance of him seeing me.