5 - Enter, Godzilla

Chapter 5: Enter, Godzilla

Whisper whisper whisper whisper whisper whisper whisper

                     This is all that’s going on around me. A whole lotta fucking WHISPERING, as everyone around me hisses and murmurs. The sounds that are supposed to be quiet are practically deafening, and I’m very close to turning around and screaming at them to shut the fuck up.

                     The only thing stopping me is because then they’d start whispering more.

                     I’m standing at my locker, digging around for my missing Psychology paper before the bell rings. Naturally people are still milling around the hallways, and my hallway seems ridiculously crowded. I glower from the corner of my eyes at all the annoying spectators.

                    Idiots! The only reason they’re watching and talking about me is because of all the crap’s that’s happened between me and stupid Sebastian! And all that’s happened is him bugging the fucking crap outa me!

                   I continue grumbling but remind myself that I need to find that stupid paper! My locker is usually pretty neat, but my Psychology folder ripped and everything spilled out. And I still can’t find the worksheet due to today and if I don’t I’m dead.

                   Suddenly, I feel that someone is beside me. Close. My body tenses and a flash of anger flits up my spine. I grit my teeth. He couldn’t leave me alone for just one second? Good god man, don’t have anything else to do with your life?! The grip on one of the papers in my hands tightens and the paper crunches in my fist.

            Someone taps heavily on my shoulder and I whirl around my locker door. “Would you just –”

             I stopped mid-sentence because the person standing so close to me is not Sebastian MacCrain. Its some girl I’ve never seen before in my life.

            If girl is the right word.

            She’s tall and stockily built, wearing a guy’s sweatshirt and baggy jeans. Her hair is pulled back. No makeup. And her face reminds me of a pug’s, because her nose is all squished in and her mouth is pulled up into a frown. Her cheeks are chubby and her eyes look hidden and sad with all the wrinkles.

             Pugs are usually so homely they’re cute, but this girl was so homely it hurt to look.

             “Um, hi?”

             The girl (PugFace), gives me what I think is a smile. “Hello, Clarisse,”

              I blink at her, unsure what to do. She sounded pleasant enough, and I know Mom says ‘don’t judge a book by its cover’, but sometimes you gotta go by gut instinct when the face in front of you makes you wanna hurl. I notice that there are two more She-Men standing behind her, almost flanking her in a sense. What the hell do they want?

              “Hi…um, what do you want?” I’m not sure how to react here, because PugFace is still grinning and her ogre-like companions are smirking too. I don’t even know these people. What the fuck?

             PugFace leans against the locker by mine, and nonchalantly reaches over and places her meaty hand on it. I frown. Yeah, that is my locker, and you may touch my locker when I approve so. She saw my glare and her grin widened. “Oh, nothing, I just wanted to talk,”