30 - Beagle!

Chapter 30

I can feel my entire body begin shaking in absolute terror. My hands are shaking so bad that I can hardly clutch my blanket around me, and my heart feels like a battering ram against my ribs. I'm pretty sure I'm hyperventilating, but at the moment I'm not too sure because I'm freaking out.

She found me.

PUGFACE FLORA HARKIN FOUND ME!!!

The banging on the front door continues, louder than before. Oh God oh God oh God oh God oh God oh God oh God oh God oh God oh God...

I text Sebastian back in a furious rush of angry adrenaline: YOU ARE A LIAR!!!

Then another round of pounding on the front door has me drop my phone, and it clatters under the couch. I don't reach to retrieve it. It doesn't matter. I'm going to die now, I really am... I peek out from behind the couch to take a look at the door. I could see the shadow pouring underneath, like her darkness was already looking for me.

My phone vibrates beneath the couch, but I ignore it, its not like its going to help me. Call someone? Ha! That would only result in a few dead cops and an even angrier PugFace!! Nooo, there is nothing you can do now, nothing at all...

In the middle of my entire 'I'm gonna die' depression monologue thinger, I heard a voice along with the next round of pounding on the door. It was muffled - since I heard it through the door - but it did not sound like PugFace's voice. Its kind of ... well, different. Not hers.

Just as I was beginning to feel a slight smidgen of hope I remembered that she as She-Ogres, and they're the ones that are probably speaking now. Attempting to make their voices less...evil...

"Hello? Hellloooo?" The voice is muffled but louder, and still...it doesn't sound like her voice. At all. Or her She-Ogres. Its sounds normal and vaguely innocent honestly. I peek out from the edge of the couch and look at the door again. The shadow moves to the side and back, probably shifting from one foot to the other, an impatient motion. The way the shadow had moved hadn't looked like the lumbering motion of a female Godzilla, so maybe it isn't her...

Entire body shaking, I slowly stand. Standing is probably all I can accomplish at the moment.

I take a deep breath, dropping the blanket. It would only hinder me if I tried to run for my life. I can hear my phone vibrate again under the couch. I reach under the couch and grab it. The police can hopefully save my body from being to mangled if they get here soon enough...

There's another set of pounds on the door, and I jump and nearly squeal. God! Oh God! My heart starts thundering again. Mother of God, here we go, we got this come on...

I slowly inch my way to the door, sliding on the carpet. I look down at my purple socks.

I take them off. Can't run very well in socks.

Again, I inch toward the door, my heart pounding louder and louder with each step. Oh God, what if it is her? She's waiting for me, right there, big meaty hands ready to clamp onto my neck and shake. She's gonna crack my head open on the floor, oh God, there'll be blood everywhere-

OH SHUT UP!! I scream at myself. Jeezus! Talk about psyching yourself out!!

Oh crap, here I am. I'm at the door. The shadow is still there, spilling over my purple socks. Like blood... my terrified subconscious whispers at me and I about turn back and curl up behind on the couch on that one. Jeezus. Get a grip Clarisse. Be a man. No, be the man. You are the man...

My pep-talking doesn't stop my hand from quivering as I reach for the door handle.

As my fingers curl around the cold metal, my subconscious starts freaking out full-on: OhGOD!! She's gonna be right there and she's gonna destroy us and turn our freaking ribcage into a coat rack and then take our limp and barely conscious body and drag across the floor, SMEARING OUR BABY BITCH BLOOD ON THE FLOOR!! Ohhhhh....nooo...