Chapter Twenty Three - Daella

I let out a soft yawn as I leave my room trying to tell myself I am ready for another day.

"Excuse me Miss, a note for you." A servant girl says stopping me outside my door.

"Thank you." I say, taking the note, she curtsies before hurrying off.

Dear Dae,

I've thought of a new place. Meet me in the atrium after your classes.

Your Friend, Alvaryn

I smile wondering where the atrium is and how I'm going to find it.

After the morning lesson, the girls walk into the sunroom for their morning tea break only not all the girls take their seats.

Hannah, Lillith, Elsie and Isbeth all stop her from walking in, I see Rue behind them standing with Layla.

"Daella," Hannah smiles sweetly. "We haven't spoken much, come join us for tea won't you?"

"Okay." I smile, following them to their usual table.

"That blue dress you are wearing suits you so well Daella," Hannah smiles while Elsie pours her tea.

"Thank you, yours suits you as well."

I wasn't sure what was happening but I had the feeling it had something to do with Aeris decision to announce our afternoon to everyone here.

"We noticed Prince Aeris invited you out yesterday afternoon, did you have a nice time?" She asks, picking up her cup and saucer.

"Yes, I did." I wait for her questions, what would she want to know? Would it matter if I told her? I doubt she would have been interested in the kennels.

"What did you do with him?" Lillith asks smiling from behind her tea cup.

"He showed me the kennels and a new litter of puppies."

"Truly?" Lillith asks, looking at the other girls. I nod picking up my cup.

"Why did he take you there?" she asks.

I shrug. "I'm not sure, he likes the kennels."

"Well what did you talk about?" Hannah asks.

"We mostly just played with the puppies," I answer, not wanting to tell them what we had spoken about. It wasn't for them to know. It felt like I was keeping a secret of sorts. Would Aeris even mind if I did tell them?

After a few more questions and short answers they lose interest.

"Will you be going to the library this afternoon?" Rue asks quietly so only I would here.

"No, not today." I answer with a small smile.

I needed to ask two different servants where the atrium was, the first had led me in the right direction but then I became lost, the hallways all looking the same.

I manage to find the atrium, I open the glass doors and breathe in the heavily scented air. The walls are made of windows, light fills the space, flowers and plants of all varieties surround me.

"I thought you would like it here." Alvaryn smiles, walking up behind her.

I gasp. "Why do you always insist on sneaking up on me?" I ask watching his smiling face.

"It's funny seeing your reaction."

I shake my head, turning to look around. It's amazing, the glass roof shaped like a dome above. Vines climb around the columns, flowers of every colour and shape dot the various green leaves.