ᴛᴡᴏ

࿇ ══━━━━✥ Matt ✥━━━━══ ࿇

In the last lesson I had history and Aurora had the same, what was my luck. Thank God she sat far away from me in this class, I sat in the second row on the left and she sat in the last row on the right.

When the bell rang for the end of school, she was the first to run out of the room. When I walked out of the school I looked for Nick and Chris but they were nowhere to be seen so I waited at the entrance for them.

Suddenly the smell of smoke hit my nose and I turned to the left, in the direction from which the smell came. And there sat Aurora on the floor, leaning against the wall and smoking.

"You know that's forbidden on school grounds," I heard myself say and I cursed myself, why couldn't I just keep my mouth shut.

She looked up at me, uninterested. Our eyes met, she showed no emotion. But her eyes cried out for pain, they had become quite tired, as could be seen from the rings around her eyes.

"I know, but who cares?" she said casually and looked away again.

"I'm sure a teacher would be interested in that when he comes out of the hall." I said and she laughed.

"So what? Then they'll call my daddy and he'll promise them that it will never happen again and everyone will know that it's a lie". She said without any emotion.

"You could be suspended." I added and she rolled her eyes and laughed.

"Matt, how much clearer do you want me to make it? I don't care. Now get on with your life and stop trying to take care of me, I don't need your help."

This time it was me who laughed, she really thought I would take care of her after everything she had said back then? Definitely not. I got angry.

"Right, you just need help from doctors to get you off drugs." I said and immediately regretted it.

She raised her eyebrows but the rest of her face was still dessinteresed.

"Okay, Matt, the point goes to you." She put out her cigarette on the floor, got up and walked to her car. I watched her walk to her car and get in, but not drive away.

࿇ ══━━━━✥ Aurora ✥━━━━══ ࿇

I got into the car and ran my hands through my hair. It had all been a mistake to return so soon. I had ruined everything before my stay at the clinic and now they all hated me Megan who had been my best friend and the triplets who were like brothers to me.

I pulled on my scalp and had the urge to bang my head against the steering wheel. But then Phoebe got in and I quickly acted like everything was okay.

"Hey, how was your day?" I asked, looking at her as I started the engine, trying to distract her from me.

"It was fine, it was good to see everyone again after the vacations."

"Oh, I believe you." I said and drove off.

"And what about you?" I sighed.

"My day was okay, my teachers are good and the class schedule is acceptable."

"And who did you spend the break with?"

I had run away from the schoolyard and was smoking.

"I was alone." I said honestly.

"You could have sat down with me and the Sturniolos" She told me and I bit my cheek.

"Oh no Phoebe, I wouldn't have, you know that."

"But..."

"No, please don't. I don't want to talk about it." I saw her roll her eyes in the corner of my eye.

"If only you weren't so stubborn." She said and crossed her arms. I decided to let it go and went home.

When I got home, my sister immediately rushed into her room and I wanted to run upstairs to my room, but then I saw my father sleeping on the couch with a beer bottle in his hand.

I threw my backpack on the floor and went to my father. I took his beer bottle from his hand and emptied it in the kitchen, which was directly connected to the living room.

I put a blanket around him and he turned away from me.

"Thank you Cassy, I don't deserve you". He moaned and went back to sleep. It was like a stab in the heart that he thought I was my mom.

Sometimes I thought he would handle the whole thing even less than I did, which wasn't possible.
I grabbed my backpack and disappeared into my room, where I unpacked my cigarettes and went to my own balcony to think about the conversation with matt.

࿇ ══━━━━✥ Matt ✥━━━━══ ࿇

I was sitting in the car with my brothers on the way home. Chris was rapping along to the song he had chosen when I cleared my throat.

"I think I did something stupid."

"You do it all the time, but what exactly do you mean?" Nick said and Chris fell silent.

"Before you came out, I talked to Aurora." I didn't take my eyes off the road but I knew that the two of them were looking at me with wide eyes.

"You can't just say something like that and not talk, tell us the story." Nick asked me.

"So she was sitting in the exit smoking and I told her that it was forbidden and that she could be suspended for it. And Aurora said, as she is, that I shouldn't take care of her and that she didn't need my help. And then I agreed with her and said that she only needed the help of doctors to get off drugs." I told them.

"That's when your Mattitude came out." Said Chris.

" Shut up, Chris."

"Okay, that was mean of you, Matt. Why did you say that and how did she react?" Nick wanted to know.

"I don't know, I kind of got mad and she just said that the point went to me and then left."

"But that's not so bad." Said Nick.

"What?" Chris turned around, confused.

"How is that not bad, Nick?"

"Well, look, she didn't freak out and she didn't curse at you, so that means she's relaxed."

Nick was somehow right, half a year ago she would have yelled at me and told me to get lost, but now she was relaxed and walked to the car