ɴɪɴᴇ

࿇ ══━━━━✥ Aurora ✥━━━━══ ࿇

On a Friday afternoon I came with Phoebe from school. Dad usually comes from work at 7 p.m. and then already starts to drink his first beer.

But when we got home he was already in the kitchen drinking.

"Dad? What are you doing home already?" my little sister asked and he didn't even look at us but just stared at his beer bottle.

"Am I not allowed to be in my house or what? What are... are you doing here already? That's... yeah, that's the better question." He said, slurring his words because he was so drunk.

"Dad, we just had school. Shouldn't you still be at work?" I asked.

Then he looked up and when he saw me he got this look. That look where he just looked at me sadly and his eyes started to glaze over because he was crying.

"Cassy." He said hopefully and it broke my heart.

I heard Phoebe disappear behind me to leave me and him alone because she couldn't stand to see me and dad fighting.

"Dad. I'm not mom. I'm Aurora. You remember? Your daughter." I said carefully.

Then he looked at the floor and pressed his lips together.

"This isn't real." He whispered.

I walked up to him and stroked his shoulder. I know our relationship was suffering right now, but he was still my father and I loved him.

"But dad. This is real."

"No, this is a dream. I'm just drunk and actually cassy is still alive." He said, shaking his head like he was crazy.

"Dad-" I was about to say something when he threw his bottle against the wall. The shards shattered in all directions. One hit my cheek and I started bleeding.

"Get out of here!" He shouted and pushed me away.

I fell too far and landed uncomfortably on my wrist. "Get out of here and don't come back." He shouted and looked at me angrily.

I wanted to believe this wasn't my father. But it was and it broke my soul. Why did I have to look like my mother. Why had he started drinking? Why can't I have a normal life? Why did my mother have to die?

"Didn't you hear me? GO NOW" he repeated and took another step towards me.

And I was afraid, afraid of my own father. I really thought he would do something to me.

I quickly got up and ran out to my car. Once in the car, I drove off and cried. I felt sorry for myself.

I had the urge to do it again. To do what I was in the clinic for, but I should not. I had given in and done it only last time, I wanted to stop.

But what should I do now and where should I go. Where should I go now?

࿇ ══━━━━✥ Matt ✥━━━━══ ࿇

I was just in the living room watching TV.

"Matt, you have to take out the trash before mom gets here." Nick said and went upstairs to his room.

I rolled my eyes and reluctantly got up to go to the kitchen. I took the trash bag and went out the door to throw it in the trash can. Which I did.

Then I looked down the street and saw this green jeep that belonged to her. I looked closer and saw her staring at her steering wheel. What was she doing here?

I walked slowly to the car but she didn't notice me. I walked closer and closer and the closer I got the worse she looked.

Her hair was disheveled, her skin was pale, her face was wet, her eyes were red and she had a cut on her cheek. I walked faster and faster.