sᴇᴠᴇɴᴛᴇᴇɴ

࿇ ══━━━━✥ Matt ✥━━━━══ ࿇

"Why didn't you tell us, Phoebe?" Asked Nick
"She didn't want to. I never asked her why, but I guess she didn't want people to think she was weak. Or that people cared," Phoebe explained.

"That sounds like her." I stated.

"I can't believe she tried to kill herself," said Chris.

"Yeah, it was totally awful. The ambulance came just in time after she tried to slash her wrists."

"You should have told us, Phoebe," I said.

"I know. But she would have hated me if I had, and I didn't want to risk that." After she said that, it got quiet and I just kept driving.

as we drove into the forest, i noticed that everyone was watching me silently and kept looking out the window in confusion.

"Matt, are you sure this is the right place? In the middle of the forest." Asked Nick

"Oh, yeah, believe me, I'm a hundred percent sure she's where I think she is."

"Matt, it's storming and the rain is getting worse." Phoebs stated, with a lot of fear in her voice.

"I don't care." I said and parked in the parking lot. We all looked at each other. "I'd say we're not all going." Said Chris.

"I agree, I think matt and phoebe should go" said nick and looked at me.

"No," said Phoebe, looking at me sadly. I gave her a questioning look.

" I think you should go alone, matt, she listens to you the most. Besides, I think you are the reason for her behavior." She said and I just looked at her and tried to find words to say.

"Matt, what are you waiting for, go now. And I pray you come back with her." Said Nick.

I didn't wait another second and got out. It didn't take me a minute to get completely soaked. But I didn't care, I ran as fast as I could to the ruin.

The ground was slippery and I almost flew a few times what but I could hold on somewhere. When I got to the tower I had to slow down because the stairs were not safe.

My heart was beating faster and faster per step because I didn't know if she was really up there. And I was so afraid for her, that she had done something to herself. And I was afraid for myself, I didn't know what would happen if I really lost her, but everything else would have ended except well for me.

When I got upstairs I looked around and there she was. She was sitting in a corner with her legs drawn up and her head buried in her hands. I had never been so relieved in my life. She was alive.

I went to her and sat across from her. Thank God." I said and without hesitation I took her in my arms.

࿇ ══━━━━✥ Aurora ✥━━━━══ ࿇

I don't know why I came here in this weather. Did I want to throw myself off the tower and end my life? I did not know. But when I stood up there and looked down, I didn't want to. I couldn't leave Phoebe alone, not with this father.

And suddenly it started raining and I didn't know what to do. I couldn't go home and I couldn't go to Matt's either.

So I sat down in the corner and cried. I heard the rain dripping on the world and I felt my clothes getting more and more soaked with water.

Suddenly I felt someone pulling me towards them. My first impulse was to push this person away from me but then I heard his voice, Matt's voice.

"Thank God." He said and slowly I pressed myself closer to him. What was he doing here? Why did he say 'thank God' and why was he happy to see me even though he was no longer my friend?

"Matt?" I asked, still in his arms. "I know, Aurora, I know you weren't in withdrawal, Phoebe told us." He said and did not let go of me.

It pissed me off that Phoebe had told him, but I was more happy about it. Now I didn't have to keep it a secret anymore, didn't have to lie. I cried.

"Why didn't you tell me? It would have been important." He said.
"You would have been worried."

"I must have been." He said and then he broke away from me and looked at me.

Then he looked at my arms. Then he took my left hand in his hand and pulled up my sleeve. When he saw my scars, he shook his head.

"Why are you doing this?" He asked and looked me in the eyes. It hurt that I did that and it meant so much to me. "To punish myself." I confessed.

He sighed and it seemed as if he was fighting against himself. Then he looked at me and he looked deeply hurt. "I mean no harm Aurora, but you need help. You are sick." He said. I looked down and bit my lips. That was the first time I heard those words.

"I know," I confessed. Took my face in my hands again. "I know Matt and I'm sorry. For everything and you're right. Yes you are right." I said and cried.

He took my hands and took them away from my face and pulled my chin up slightly so I was looking at him. "You can't help it, I will help you and I will support you where I can. I want you to get well. We will also make sure that your father gets the help he needs. It can't go on like this."

"I know." I sighed. "I don't deserve you."

"Don't ever say that again. You didn't deserve your mother to die, you didn't deserve your father to be an alcoholic and you didn't deserve to be so sick. I love you and the fact that you even remotely feel the same way about me is like a gift, so don't ever say that again." He said and made my heart beat faster.

"You love me?" I asked. And his eyes got big as if he just realized what he had said. Then he nodded.

I took him in my arms again." I love you in so many ways that you will never get rid of me. I said. I don't want that either." He said and gave me a kiss on the forehead.