ᴛᴡᴇʟᴠᴇ

࿇ ══━━━━✥ Aurora ✥━━━━══ ࿇

When I came home I first looked through the window to see if my father was there, I did not want to talk to her after he had told me that he no longer wanted me in the house.

I saw that he was sleeping on the sofa. So I could go in without him seeing me. This morning I could only leave the house because Phoebe had distracted him.

So I quietly opened the door and closed it again. I ran to the stairs on tiptoe. "Aurora?" his voice suddenly asked.

I turned on my heels and looked at my father who looked pretty bad. His hair was standing up in all directions and his father's stubble was clearly visible, as were the circles around his eyes.

And this time there was no trace of anger in his face but only sadness. We just stood there and looked at each other.

Then he came towards me. I smelled that he stank of alcohol again, how could it be otherwise. I was afraid what would happen if he stood with me, would he hit me? Therefore, I stood there as if rooted to the spot.

But when he reached me, he stretched out his arms and embraced me. I had expected everything but not that. Which is why it took me a short time to return the hug.

"I'm so sorry Aurora, I didn't mean what I said. What would I be without you please do not go. You are like my Cassy." He said and pressed me even tighter against him.

I was surprised that he even remembered what had happened. "It's okay dad, forgive and forget." I said and tapped on his shoulder. The stench of alcohol was too much for me. Of course I hadn't forgotten and he was just going through a phase of being sorry. Tomorrow he would hate me again, just because I looked like her.

He finally broke away from me and then looked at the plaster on my face. "Oh no, is it deep?" he asked, obviously meaning the wound.

"No," I replied.

"I hope it doesn't leave a scar."

"Yes, of course you hope so, it would be just one more feature that would distinguish me from my mother on the outside". I said and rolled my eyes.

He looked hurt by my words and I felt so bad. Maybe I shouldn't have said that.

"Sorry, I didn't mean it," I apologized.

"No, it's okay Aurora. You look like her and maybe it's even good if a scar develops that I don't switch you drunk anymore."

"Yeah, it's fine, Dad. You don't have to apologize." I said. But he should apologize, but not for switching me with her, and he should be sober for once.

I wanted to turn around and go back to my room to think about Matt, but he cleared his throat.

"I know I'm giving you a hard time and believe me I wish I could always recognize you but you're like your mother's twin. You look like her, talk like her and have the same charisma as her. And I know you're standing in front of me right now but all I see is her."

I felt so incredibly sorry for him and wished he was always like that, but he wasn't and I had to deal with that.

"That's what keeps putting us in the same situation dad. I know it's hard that mom is dead but it's time for you to let go. Me and Phoebe already made it, our family made it, Mary-lou, her best friend, made it too and now the only one missing is you." I said and then I went to my room.

Once there I threw myself on my bed and stared at the ceiling again. My cell phone buzzed and I knew it was Matthew so I answered it.

"Hey"