ғᴏᴜʀᴛᴇᴇɴ

࿇ ══━━━━✥ Aurora ✥━━━━══ ࿇

The next few weeks passed quickly. Between me and Matt it went as well as it can go and somehow I had the feeling I had never been happier.

He made me laugh and he always let me know that I was important to him and it felt so good. I spent most of my time with or around him.

When I looked at him my heart beat faster and it was all like a dream I never wanted to wake up from.

But I had to wake up from this beautiful dream every time I walked through my front door because I never knew what my father was like.

Sometimes he would tell me that he loved me and that I was his everything or he would think I was my mom and the next day he would hate me again. He was like a teenager going through puberty and it kind of messed me up every time.

And because of him I spent most of my time at Matt's and slept at my place. Of course Matt suggested to go to my place but I always found an excuse.

I had no idea how my father would react if I brought him along. I didn't want Matt to see how my dad was doing because he would try to help somehow and it was bad enough that he was trying to take care of me permanently.

One afternoon I sat with Phoebe in my room to help her with her homework while my dad slept downstairs. He hadn't even slept in the bedroom for weeks, but only on the couch, which is why it was almost impossible to avoid him.

Are you and matt actually together now?" my sister asked, and I blushed.

Matt and I hadn't talked much about what was going on between us, but a few days before he had told an exchange student that I was his girlfriend, so we were kind of officially together.

Yeah, you could say that." I replied.

And you don't tell me anything?" she asked imperturbably.

I'm sorry, but I don't want to shout it out, I don't want everyone to know. Then it gets out in the public and all I see are tiktoks of little Matt girls crying and hating me because I would take matt away from them". That was life when you were with an influencer.

Yeah, I get that, but I'm your sister, so that hurts me already."

"You didn't tell me you had a crush on Ryan Portcharles." I said and looked at her amused.

She blushed completely and looked to the side, embarrassed. Can you tell that much?" she asked, scratching the back of her head.

Oh yeah, even Chris noticed, and Chris doesn't even realize that Tina Hawkins wants something from him, even though she does his homework for him and follows him around the schoolhouse like a dog.

She laughed. "Oh dear, I hope Ryan doesn't notice that I think he's great."

Phoebe he has a girlfriend, I hope you don't get your hopes up, he's in my year."

"I know. But I'm just looking at him." She says.

I was about to say something when the doorbell rang. I looked at my sister and asked. "Did you order something from amazon?" I asked her and she shook her head.

I got up and went downstairs and looked at the couch to make sure my dad was still asleep, which he was.

I went to the door and opened it. And who was standing there? Matt, of course.

I opened my eyes and stood in front of the door and closed it a bit so he couldn't look in.

"Matt, what are you doing here?"