sᴇᴠᴇɴ

࿇ ══━━━━✥ Aurora ✥━━━━══ ࿇

Megan left me alone since that day in the cafeteria and I was able to enjoy my school life again.

"Eyo Aurora, do you want to join us after school so we can continue working on the project?" asked Matt.

We were pretty far along, only a few details were missing. I was about to say yes when I remembered it was Monday and I had to see the psychologist. I had already canceled a couple of times and I couldn't do it again.

"I can't come right after school, but I could come at 5:15pm." I said.

"Okay, what are you doing before that?" he asked.

"I have to see the school psychologist." I said and rolled my eyes.

I had been to see her 2 times so far and both times I had always talked around her questions and never really answered them.

"Why?" asked Nod with a confused look.

Then I realized how stupid I was, why had I told them?

"Because of the withdrawal, I have to go there. I had no choice, otherwise I would have had to go back to the clinic."

"Why do you need a psychologist when you've been in rehab, it doesn't make sense"Chris stated.

"Yeah, I think she just needs to check that I haven't become a drug addict again." I said and that was the end of the conversation.

...
The session with Ms. Donovan, the psychologist, was the same as the last time and I went straight to the boys afterwards.Matt opened the door for me. I had to laugh when I saw him. His hair was sticking out in all directions and he couldn't quite get his eyes open.

"Were you asleep?" I asked as I walked past him.

" Can you see that?" he asked and I had to giggle.

"Oh yeah."

Yeah, I was really tired." He said and rubbed his eyes.

Then an idea came to me. We were almost done with our project and it didn't have to be finished for 2 weeks so we could do it another time.

"How about we move the project to another time and we have a relaxed evening tonight?" I said and watched him start to grin wryly.

"What did you have in mind?"

"Since summer is coming to an end, we should enjoy the weather. I know a nice place to watch the sunset. I would have said we get something to eat at McDonald's and go there." I suggested.

Since I was still standing in front of him, I had to look up a bit, he looked down at me and his eyes glittered. And then I felt something that I had never felt so intensely before. A tickling in my belly and my cheeks became warm.

"That sounds good. But you drive." He said and pointed his finger at me.

"If you're paying." I said and winked at him as I walked out to my car.

It took him a little while to get into my car because he had to tell his mom and put on his shoes.

I drove to McDonald's first and ordered us some food. That he had to pay had actually only been a joke but he had really paid for it.

Then I drove out into the forest.

"Are you going to kill me or what are you going to do?" he asked, looking critically out the window.

"If I wanted to kill you, I wouldn't have let you tell your mother that we were going out together. But I'm telling you, you'll like it where we're going. Feel honored I don't usually bring people here. This is my favorite place." I told him.