ᴇɪɢʜᴛ

࿇ ══━━━━✥ Matt ✥━━━━══ ࿇

She drove me home and when I entered the house it was 9:30 pm.

I ran up to the kitchen to grab a pepsi from the fridge. In the kitchen I ran into my brothers.

"Matt? Where have you been? We tried to call you but you forgot your cell phone." Nick asked.

"I was out with Aurora."

Nick and Chris exchanged a look and started smiling.

"I thought you were going to finish your project?" said my younger brother.

"That was the Plan, but then our plans changed." I told him.

"Uhhh, sounds like a date. What did you do?" asked Nick and raised an eyebrow. I narrowed my eyes in annoyance.

"Can you please stop saying stuff like that, we're not into each other." I said.

"Okay, maybe you're not into each other, but you definitely have a thing for her." Nick commented.

"Yeah bro, I think everyone can see you're into her except her. I've seen the look on Ben's face when she's chilling with us. He's just as into her as you are."

"Chris, stop it, Nick, you too. I don't want anything from her, those days are over, besides, she said today that it's stupid to fall in love with her. And you know what, she really doesn't get that Ben wants her."

"Wait, what?" Nick stuttered.

"Yeah! How she doesn't see that the guy wants something from her? That's more than obvious." Chris said and shook his head in disbelief.

"No, that's not what I mean. Why would it be stupid to fall in love with her?" said Nick.

"Because she's not able to love right now and she wants to focus on other things. So that's what she said." 

"How can you not be able to love?" asked Chris.

"I don't know, but that's okay. She had a hard time and she needs to get back on track. As long as she stays clean and is happy." I said and wanted to leave.

It was all weighing on me and I didn't want to talk about it anymore.

"Matt." -Nick,

"Huh?"

"You can keep thinking you don't love her, but eventually you'll realize that too." He said and I just shook my head.

I knew he was right. I liked her more than a friend, but to speak of love directly would be premature, wouldn't it?

࿇ ══━━━━✥ Aurora ✥━━━━══ ࿇

The next day, during the break, I went to Ben. And while I was walking to him I turned to Matt who was looking at me. I smiled and shook my head to tell him that he was stupid to think that Ben was into me.

When Ben saw me he started to grin and I hugged him in greeting.

"Hey stranger. What's up?" We let go of each other.

"Nothing, aren't you going to sneak out of the yard today?" I asked.

"Yes, in a minute. Do you want to join me?"

"No, I'll stay here. But do you have time to meet today?"

"Sure, but I'm off early today. Do you want to come to my place?" he asked.

"Sure."

"Okay, I'm glad. You know where I live, I'm off. Bye." He said and winked at me, then he ran off the school grounds.