12. Generosity or Ignorance

From the previous chapter……
__________________

You sighed happily as you watched the patients talk and laugh with each other. Finally, there was a day when no fight happened. You may think that playing a game where imaginary murder happens would awaken their blood hunger, but it actually made them.... Bond with each other more. You managed to get a glimpse of Freddy playfully punching Jason's forearm playfully. Of course, that doesn't mean he stopped bullying the silent giant, but it was still a friendly gesture meaning 'I don't hate you that much'.

Maybe this job wasn't a bad choice after all
___________________

_

____

(Please read: planned this chapter to be longer, but decided to feed my children sooner- So, this is only a fill-up chapter, so don't expect much drama)

Warnings: cussing, torture, mention of blood, human body deformation, bad English, small smut? Maybe?... Maybe not. Enjoy :)

_____

Have you ever thought about what really happens during one's dream? Inside their head, I mean. I'm sure you had a dream at least once in your lifetime, be it a nightmare, a pleasure filled fogged unrealistic memory or maybe something inexistent, yet so realistic.

Yet when you wake up, you realize all of it was just a dream. Just a little act that your brain played through your mind while you were soundlessly asleep.when you wake up, half of it already forgotten, yet still there too clear in your mind.

Sometimes it's a relief, especially if you shot open, realizing your pajama pants had turned into pantaloons, your socks somehow tucked under the mattress, your body covered in cold sweat, your hair anything but styled, but most of all that shocked, disturbed yet relieved expression on your face.

Other times you just automatically open your eyes, and you just wish that your dream could have lasted just a minute longer, if not more. All day feeling an emptiness in your heart, a neediness to just meet that dream person again, to feel their touch that you had felt in your dream land. Yet their touch felt like a stranger's, your body almost as if it was numb before your eyes opened again, somehow, even though they were already opened, and you were met with the boring plain walls of your room instead of that person you were having such a great time with…. Why?

David's eyes shot open. It was still weird to sleep in a bed, with his feet and wrist bound to the sides, so he wouldn't sleep on the ceiling. He glanced at his right. The room was dark, and as he looked out the small window that represented the hallway was also dark. It was still night, perhaps.

David glanced at the glass wall that was on his left, his bed's left part pressed against it. On the other side was another bed, with a symmetrical room. Actually, four rooms. They were the lost boys after all. Just like Chop-Top and Nubbins, the doctors weren't able to separate David, Marco, Paul and Dwayne either. It was difficult to make a room for them, but they managed. Four rooms, two on one hallway, the other two on another hallway. So close, yet so far. The other three were sleeping.

Of course, they took their sleeping pills. Not like they had a choice anyways. David was more tricky, and he didn't swallow it this time. It always made his stomach do flips, the kinds he didn't like. The complete opposite flips that you were able to make him feel.

He heard about this new nurse that the asylum had, the nurse that took care of Billy, Stu, Jack, Brahms, Norman, Nubbins and Chop-Top. At first, David didn't think much of it, thinking you would leave the asylum in less than a week, like the rest of the nurses who applied to the job. But when he heard that even after a month you were still working here, David just got more curious. In a way he felt jealous of the patients who you took care of. He started to wonder, what would it be like if you were his caretaker as well.