13. {hard kept secrets}

I wondered where he went considering he squandered all of his money the last time, he wasn't on the couch by the time I woke up in the morning. I packed up the cigarettes and the bottles from the living room and tidied up the whole place.

Once I was done, I put some cereal into my bowl and sat in front of my computer to look up some things online. My counsellor's advice had been in my head since yesterday. I had struggled with accepting it in the past but now I was trying to get myself to be more open to it.

Is dyslexia curable?

How to manage dyslexia?

Dyslexia and college

The doorbell rang and I stood up from the dining table to go get the door. I was more than surprised to find Harry at the door, staring at me with her bag in her hand.

"Yo! It's Tuesday, what are you doing in town?" I asked her immediately I pulled into her hug.

"I went to school, you weren't there. What are you doing at home? Are you sick?" She started to feel my temperature as the worry spread on her face dramatically. I walked away from her and she walked into the house, pushing the door to a close.

She dropped her keys and bag on the table before she proceeded to the kitchen to grab water. I hurriedly closed my laptop and I heard a loud snicker from behind almost simultaneously.

"Hiding you and Kai's dirty secret from your best friend?" She asked me, her lips twitching up to another of her suggestive smirks.

"Oh shut up! How did you get a day off work?" I asked her.

"Remember how I had to fill in as replacement for someone?" She asked and I nodded. "Well, a substitute has been hired so I was given the week off as compensation."

"Wow, turns out your manager isn't that bad." I remarked.

"Yeah well. Your turn, why are you home? Two classes held at school." She said

"I woke up to a bad headache, I'll just ask someone for the note," I lied.

"You should get your head checked, you have headaches every single day," she mentioned as she switched on the tv. "Chances are you'll grow old before me."

"Shut up. It's good you're here, Jake is coming back today, we'll go to the airport together."

"I know, I am so excited." She squealed in excitement.

"You seem excited, even more than I am." I commented as I watched her scroll through the movie list.

"Oh Mary Randell, your brother is mine," she rolled the end of her dark hair as she smiled coyly.

"You sound like a big fool." I told her as I shook my head in disbelief.

"We are going to throw him a big celebratory party," she jumped in delight.