20. {matters ot the heart and summer}

When Harry descended the stairs, I was still pacing around the room, my entire body still shaking from the discovery. When I passed out for the few seconds that I did, I felt like the black insect that had been pushed into a sink hole and when I looked at the person holding the bowl of water this time, it was Faye.

"Harry, what do you remember about the first time Faye spoke to us?" I ran to her and shook her shoulders hoping that would make her remember.

"She didn't speak to us, she hung out with Kai whenever we were all together and we all warmed up to her because of him," she responded with a frown on her face.

My heart raced even more. I wondered if Kai knew everything from the beginning. I wondered if he knew exactly what had happened, even from that night.

Everyone deserves a second chance, I wondered if he was mocking me when he said that. At the same time, I knew he couldn't do that to me. Right? He was too good to me but it felt too good to be true as well.

As my phone chimed, I clicked on the message from the anonymous person and I found a picture of my Dad lying on the floor with blood smeared on his body.

::: I got your Dad, he wasn't drunk this time
He was too tough to handle but I paid some men to do the job with the money your boyfriend gave to me.

I didn't hesitate to click on the call button immediately, I had to be sure.

"Having fun? Mary Randell?" The awfully familiar voice spoke into the receiver.

"Faye?" I drawled in the terror that shook me.

"I learned that you visited the station, so I made your search easier for you, by now you should know that my name's not Faye."

"Who are you? What do you want from me?"

"Willow Martin, and I want revenge for what you did to my sister."

::: let's meet at the old station

That was the only message I had typed out to Kai. After Jake had dropped me off, I had assured him that I'd be fine but he didn't listen and insisted on hanging around till I was done with Kai so I had no choice but to agree with him.

Even though the heat of the summer hadn't gone, my body seemed to shake from cold as my vessels constrict in fear of everything unfolding.

I started to think that Kai wouldn't come. I started to imagine him laughing with Faye as soon as she ended the call after telling me who she was. I imagined him helping her get revenge because he always seemed to be distracted by her in the first place. I wondered how I let myself get involved with him, I wondered how I could like that kind of person.

As his figure appeared from the corner, I felt a part of my relieved that he showed up at least. A part of me didn't want him to have the answers to my questions but he was the only one I was counting on for some light.