15. {nepo baby}

::: I know what you did September 5th last year, I'll make sure you rot in hell with your alcoholic father.

I couldn't even sleep, not after reading that message. I tossed and turned throughout the night, the scene of the crash kept on replaying as a nightmare which woke me up from my intermittent naps.

Kai had something to do upstairs as soon as we walked into the office. So I lazily walked to the office on my own hoping to plump down on my table as soon as I got there.

"Hello sweetheart, I hope you already forgave me considering your boyfriend gifted me a black eye," I heard Luca's voice and I turned to find him rolling on his swivel chair.

I found some documents on the table which hooked my attention, so I didn't get to reply Luca. I found the errors I had made underlined as I flipped each pages, the ink blurring out together with the words as I read through the lines.

"Sometimes I get really scared when you do that," I heard Luca speak again. "It's like you've gone into a trance and can't listen to anyone talking to you."

"What? You're scared my eyes will pop out and my limbs will twist to Vecna's curse?" I asked him, the sarcasm oozing from my tone as I picked up the papers to correct the errors before Mrs Smith came for my head.

As soon as Kai entered into our office, Mrs. smith followed him. She eyed me cautiously as I said my greetings before she turned to Luca who was playing catch with a ball pen.

"You, follow me," she told him and he followed her, the confused expression apparent on his face.

"What's going on?" I turned to Kai and he shrugged it off and told me not to worry about it.

"I hope you feel good," Luca bellowed as he barged into the office and headed to Kai's table

"Get your hands off," Kai yanked his hands off his collars and I only sighed in exhaustion of what they were fighting about this time.

"I was fine doing business, you just had to go rat me out?"

"You call selling drugs business? You're ruining people's lives." Kai spat in his face.

"It is not your fuckin' business! Working at daddy's company, you must have no worries in the world!" Luca claimed again as he went for his collars.

"How're you so sure that Kai reported you, Luca?" I asked him, perplexed at the heated exchange.

"Why don't you ask him? He's the nepo baby isn't he?" He replied me.

"What are you saying?" I asked him again.

"Oh don't even pretend that you didn't know. Haven't you been following him around because he's got gold," I walked over to him, the fury boiling from the pit of my stomach as I pushed him off.