duality

I should have concealed it ,you are so dumb  Shalin, now you know what is coming. 

I inhaled a good amount of oxygen before looking in his furious eyes " Om… . I was… . " I cursed myself for stuttering. 

I know I won't be able to say anything clear while looking at him. 

I got off from his lap and turned left " Actually I was… … " Words stuck in my throat, I heard him pushing the chair back before making his way in front of me. 

Okay, so now he is standing exactly in front of me " It's hickey right? Where you get it from? " 

He extended his hand to touch it but I grabbed it " It's just a bruise " 

" Bruise?? " 

" Yeah I just hurt myself while using straightner " I said in one breath, but immediately regret it after hearing him " But you never use, any equipments on your hair, didn't you say it damages natural texture of your hairs?? " 

Shit!! He is right I was the who said that. I left his hand,Usually a typical woman will be happy when her husband remember so much about her but in my case, this is not subject to get happy. 

I cleared my throat " Exactly, that's true but you know… … . " I paused " I thought I should try to change my hair style, and I used it and it turned out to ridiculous idea " I bit my lower lip in nervousness. 

" It doesn't look like that  Shalin! Let me see, he again extended his hand " Don't touch it please!! " He narrowed his eyebrows " I mean it hurts, please don't. "

I know that was lame excuse and I can't accept him to believe me. He is sharp man, he parted his lips to say something but before he can someone knocked on the door. 

" Sir, Client is here, we need to start the meeting in five minutes!! " 

" Coming!! " He shouted and then look in my eyes " I need to go, we shall talk later!! " Those were his last words before he grabbed the file and made his way towards the door. 

" Wait!! " I walked to him when he turned to me. 

" Your coat is stained, remove it!! " 

" Oh!! " I helped him to remove his coat , and then he left. 

I sighed. 

I don't think he believed my words. I need to do something. 

I immediately left from there and headed home. 

________

 I looked at the straightner in my hand before taking a deep breath, I heated it enough to burn my skin. 

" You have to do this " I convinced myself before pressing the heated straightner on the red mark on my neck. 

"Ahh!! " 

I hissed in pain and closed my eyes because of burning sensation in my skin. 

At evening when I was cutting veggies on dining table, I heard the click sound of door opening and then closing. 

I inhaled, he is home , I hope everything goes smooth. 

I closed my eyes in fear when I heard his shoes hitting the floor with rhythm. 

Calm down Shalin, pull yourself together, you have seen worst this is nothing. 

Calm down

Calm down 

Calm down

This played in my head with rhythm of his every step. 

Taking a deep breath I opened my eyes, he was here, I saw him pulling a chair before taking his seat.