cold war

Shalin

It's been two days.
Whatever happened that night was like a curse, we haven't talked. And now I am more scared of Om than I usually used to be.

Right I can't think about him, about his fight with his brother, about his mysterious past and family. I am thinking about how things ruined between us a long time ago. The moment he proposed to me .

We were really good friends. When I was heartbroken after Aryan's confession about him losing feeling for me, Om came into my life like a comfort zone.
He was the one who saved me from taking my life, and after that I just couldn't do anything other than going to my brother.
I told him that I broke up with Aryan. I didn't inform him what he did to me. I couldn't.

I met Om a second time in bhaiya' office, I don't know what business relationship they had but he talked to me a lot that day . Little did I know he was hitting on me but I ignored it as I was feeling comfortable with him.
We became friends, and as long as I was happy my brother was happy, I don't understand how he trusted Om so blindly about me. He never complained about me getting too close to Om the way he used to do at the time of Aryan.

I remember I was a little sad when he was leaving Mumbai after his trip. He is from Delhi so he was going back again. He just asked me once to join him for some days there, he will show me Delhi and I trusted him without any glitch.
And those fifteen days were the best part of my life. Those fifteen days can beat the five years I spent with Aryan, but I knew I was not in love with Om, still he was close to my heart.
To be honest, he healed me from Aryan, but on the last day of my stay in Delhi he proposed to me, I wasn't shocked at all.
I knew it.
I told him we are just friends and we are good as friends. And he didn't push too hard.

But he asked my brother instead and… … . …
He asked me to give him a chance, don't know why he did that, I was really sad, I couldn't say no to my brother after what I faced after going against him four years ago.

I wanted to make him happy, I married Om, a simple marriage, no one was there except for my brother, no one from his family. I didn't question.
For two months after our marriage we lived in Delhi, in his apartment. I never met any of his family members.

I used to think marrying him wasn't a bad idea after living for a week with him. He used to treat me nicely. But different from the way he used to treat me before marriage. Before he hesitated too many times but when he was my husband, he never hesitated to say anything, he was never nervous around me. He used to tell me to do all his house chores, I didn't mind because that's what wife do .

But suddenly one day he lost his temper on something and vented his anger on me in the worst way.
He shouted on me like no one did, he even slapped me.
And from that day onwards it became normal for him to raise his voice at me, to abuse me.
Everything shattered, our friendship, my comfort zone, my hope for a better future.
It's not like he used to beat me everyday but I was always scared that he will do anytime soon.

Ninety percent of the time he was the husband every woman wanted but that one percent no one would like to face.
He is the beast.
A monster.
Ninety percent angel, one percent monster equals to Om Kapoor.
I wasn't able to adjust myself in Delhi so he decided to move in here.
In my City Mumbai.

And people gets impressed by this thing, he changed his city for his wife.

I don't know if we can ever be a normal couple, and after that night??
I don't know.
Because for two days he is leaving before I wake up, and returning after I am asleep. He never asked me to bring him lunch after that.
Are we having a cold War.

Or he is in guilt after whatever I said to him that night.

I sighed after changing curtains for the fifth time. Exactly, this is what I am doing, I don't have anything to do so I am trying to change things around me for God knows what reason.
I just need to divert my mind, but from what??
I don't know.
I just don't know
I can't think straight.
Did I go too harsh on Om??
Did I over react??
He isn't talking to me, it hurts, it hurts more than anything.
It hurts more than it hurted when Aryan broke my heart.

Should I talk to him??
Should I ask him??
Should I clear things out??
But it wasn't my fault, and he wasn't innocent at all.
I wiped off my tears harshly, I am confused.

I should have a coffee!!
I effortlessly walked towards the kitchen but I was only half way when I heard a doorbell.
I flinched.
It's not his time to get back, is it Aryan again??

No.
No.
No.
Don't be scared, whoever it is, pull yourself together .
Just be strong.
I turned around on my feets and started walking towards the door with heavy steps. I am trying to act normal but my heart rate is increasing with every step.

Opening it is scary for me, what if it's actually Aryan, I should check first.
I pressed my palms on the door and tiptoe before taking a look at the person outside through the peephole.

My throat ached as I gulped at the sight. My lips crypted in a small smile, I didn't expect him to be here but I am happy he is.
It's been a long time.
Without wasting any second I immediately opened the door wide.
It's my brother, my home, the only person who loved me selflessly, my only family.

He gave me a warm smile “ Hi!! ”
Instead of replying I just hugged him.

I felt him laughing when he patted my shoulder " Did you really miss me so much? I thought you forgot your brother because of your husband!! "
He joked, but it's no more joke for me.

" It's not like that, I missed you so much!! " I said stepping back.

" I missed you too " He caressed my head and laughed.

" This is for you!! " He said handing me the bouquet of roses.
" Aww!! " I inhaled the scent " Thank you bhaiya "

" You are most welcome princess but aren't you going to take me inside?? " He said raising his eyebrows.
Oops, I forgot.