4) The she-devil

*****3rd POV*****

FBI California Offices

    The briefing was still going on, and the three agents put up for the important mission listened keenly. Almost keenly.
Beatrice Bianco couldn't concentrate that much. Her blood was boiling to the mere mention of, Black Blood.
Five years ago, they had threatened her son's life, along countless crimes.

     She had worked her butt off for a better promotion. And after years of proving herself, going as far as unmasking one of the Mafia group heirs, Noah Bass.
  This was a huge breakthrough as nobody ever seemed to know who the bastards behind the organization were.

       A photo of Noah next to an empty frame were being displayed on the huge screen.
They said that Black Blood had undergone major changes and the other heir was still unknown for they never made any public appearances.

   "According to Shadows, there is a new special weapon being created within the organization. What we need is proof of its existence, only then, can we strike hard and throw those bastards to rot in prison."

Beatrice snorted to herself. Why did it sound so easy?

   It had cost her three bullets through her body to even hear Noah Bass's name.  That would have been equal to death, had Jackson Raynatt not showed up and saved her life.

And now, now she was also an undercover for Shadows within the FBI, just in case the government ever plan to do anything against their contract.

--------------------------------

              *****ANNIE*****

It must have been last midnight. The silence reigning over the air was thick.

    His face appeared again behind my shut eyes. It was different. It was, ruthless.

   "Shit!" I grunted opening my eyelids. It took a few seconds for my vision to adapt to the weak moonlight streaming in through the drawn curtains.
My room suddenly felt alien after meeting Jack and a sense of longing grew in my soul.

I missed the bedroom Jack picked for me. The one that had the adjacent door and I could freely walk in his. I miss being naughty and careless around him.

   But things had changed. And for years, I had accepted that. Accepted that nothing could go back to how it used to be. Yet...yet I lay here wondering if that was really true or had been a coping mechanism.

My bare feet slid effortlessly in the fluffy winter slippers. Gentle and soft, they comforted my feet as I walked towards the closet.
I took out a heavier robe and threw it on me then headed for the windows.

    The moon looked surreal, like an illusion that was supposed to make the world feel protected. And the little clouds around it made my heart twist. The natural scene looked better than any before.
Since I couldn't fall asleep, I could just kill the long night by appreciating one of nature's finest creation.

--------------------------------

            *******JACKSON******

  Why did my comfortable bed suddenly feel unsafe? I delivered an angry punch on it, forcing it to submit to my strength. But when I laid on it again, it felt even harder to sleep on.

Glaring at it, I walked over to stand by the window. I drew one of the curtains and peeked out.
   The garden was quiet.
The flowers were still. All enjoying the moon bath.

But the peace was momentarily disrupted by a light breeze travelling west, making the leaves dance a little.
    When the breeze had passed, everything fell still once more. A picture of perfect serenity, reminding me of how life was exactly...the breeze would not last long.

My eyes lifted to the bright full moon which was partially covered by clouds. Yet, it still shone wholly, making the clouds appear lighter than cotton...faint hindrances.

   After a minute of staring outside, my feet led me straight in Annie's former bedroom.

The air had gotten rid of her scent from years of being unused.

   I flipped the switch and light poured down on the clean furniture. The bed was bed exactly as she used to do it. The stickers on the vanity mirror were still there.
Nothing, had been moved even an inch.
I had always thought she would be glad to find her old bedroom exactly as she had left it.

To maintain this perfect appearance, one of the servants had to tend to the room daily and make sure not a speck of dust was in sight.
     I might have seemed weird from doing this for five years, but it gave me some consolation.
Always thought she would be back in this house. In this bedroom. In my arms.

  But why would the leader of Black Blood want to live with her organization's nemesis?
She had thrown herself on the other side of the line. Even with the treaty, I was aware that it wouldn't ease the tension that had grown between our two organizations.

     My head filled with endless thoughts about the past and the future. But what about the present?

The present?
   The present was me now slipping between the sheets of her bed.
They were ice cold against my bare skin for  there was only a pair of shorts on my body.

   But within a minute of bracing the coldness of the sheets, my body heat warmed them.

  The present will be what I make of it. I assured my conscious.

--------------------------------

    My mind was floating about in a dream.
But the annoying noises coming from outside the unconscious world made me frown.

    A familiar yet unwelcomed scent filled my nostrils, followed by a caress on my forehead.
My defense reflex kicked in. I grabbed whatever had touched me and hauled it on the bed before rolling on it.

   "Ja-Ja-" Pattie wheezed to the arm cutting across her throat.

    Fuck!

"What are you doing here?" I questioned retreating my arm and rolling off of her.

   She coughed a few times while lying on the bed. The bed!
I swirled around and pulled her off of Annie's bed, ignoring her shocked gasp.

  "Gawd Jack! What the hell was that?"
She cried massaging her throat.

I only glared.

   This cunning woman had had me sleep with her that night. Heavens knows how much I disliked her guts. Sure we used to fuck years ago, but that was before Annie became the succubus in my life.

    "Why are you here?" I repeated.

She slowly rubbed her abdomen, indicating the baby growing in there.

  "I had this odd craving to see you."

Dear lord, why did it have to be her of all the women in the world? It'd have been ten times better if the woman carrying my child was one of the servants around instead of this she-devil.

   "Get the fuck out of here!" I ordered stepping further away from her.

    "This is not fair. You have to participate in the-"

  "Get out!" I yelled, shaking her up.

Pattie gasped jumping aside, then clutched her abdomen. "Ow!" She groaned doubling over.

Had I overdone it?
Had I hurt the baby?

Pushing aside my rage, I hurried to lift her off the floor then rush back in my room.
   As I laid her on my bed, she tugged me down by my neck and I ended up on her.

    Pattie chuckled holding on to me.
"This is what the baby wants," she whispered raising her head to me.

*******Thank you for your patience. I woke up feeling a lot better than yesterday and had some motivation to write. The part is short, bear with me. 🙏🙏.
Thank you for all the new followers. Help me reach my goals, one at a time. ❤️❤️****