15) Masculine sparks

*****This book will be following up on other characters as well in order to create a balanced world***

*****3rd POV****

The lit end of the cigar glowed when he puffed in, sucking all that cancerous smoke. And then he puffed it out, aiming all of it at Matt who stood a few inches from him.

"Is that what she's decided?" Noah questioned taking small calculated steps around Matt.

"Yes, Sir." Matt answered firmly, his eyes trying their best to follow the other male as he walked past him.

Noah slid the fat cigar between his lips.
His next cloud of choking smoke fell on Matt's back, a complete insult.

The rage that was being suppressed in the depths of Matt's soul slowly started surfacing. He so badly wanted to punch Noah's teeth out and kick him so hard that he'd forget his own name.

But...
Matt's fists softened, letting go of some of the anger.

After making the first trip around Matt, Noah stopped in front of the younger male. Their eyes met, and for a second, Noah paused to examine Matt. Innocent green eyes, shoulder length brown hair...almost, pretty. He had a slim frame but a few inches shorter than Noah.

There was only disgust in those green eyes, and Noah knew too well that that hate was all for him.

"She'd love to know where you stand on the treaty." Matt spoke, hauling Noah out of his little trance.

"That." Noah spun around.
He inhaled a bit more air than usual, using it to calm a part of him that he wasn't proud of.
"Tell your boss-" he spoke, saying it with some mockery, "-that I would so love, to discuss it with her in person."

Matt gritted his teeth in secret, wishing that the bastard offering him his back would just slip and knock his head on that damned desk. That would be such a beautiful ending for the villain that had made his family suffer.
While the conflict wasn't directly from Noah, Matt still put the sins of Noah's father on the son.

It wasn't fair, but everytime Matt laid eyes on Noah, all he saw was the hatred his father had towards Bass family.

"She's unavailable. I'm here on her behalf."

Noah snorted, spinning to face Matt once again.

Under the golden light from the bulb over them, his silver hair appeared a shade darker, yet beautiful.
His trimmed sideburns and beard gave him a glorious touch. Made him look attractive to the eyes.

Matt gave himself a heavy mental slap when he felt himself staring at the enemy with less disgust. He had hated the Bass family for years that his soul had darkened from all the loathe. His world had been so focused on a revenge that would never have been possible until... Annie came along.

She gave him freedom to choose, serve her, or walk away.

She was the only person that had looked at him like he was human enough, man enough, and not some pretty male that was useful in pleasing the women in power.

It had all been Stanley Bass's fault (Noah's father). He had forced Matt to be a plaything for Rita Bass (Noah's cousin). From a young age, Matt had only known how to follow around like the puppy they wanted him to be. Whether it was sexual pleasures or getting her a cup of wine, he had done it all.

"You, are not enough!" Noah hissed stabbing Matt's left shoulder. "You're just a messenger. What I want is a real business talk with your boss. Now go back and tell that slut that I'll only agree once she comes in person."
His words were cold, carrying with them a condescending tone.

Matt's nose flared as the anger continued building up. The damn bastard had just insulted his saviour. His boss. He could no longer take it.

Pow!
Matt's right fist landed on Noah's side of the nose without any warning. The rush of adrenaline had overshadowed his normal thinking and thrown his collective nature out the window.
Leading to him giving free will to his fist to make its judgement.

"O-gawd!" Noah groaned as his butt settled on the edge of the desk behind him. The cigar was no longer safe in his hand, and honestly, he didn't give two cares where it had dropped.

It took him half a minute to recollect his thinking, and also notice the blood now dripping on his jeans, one drop after another.

"You!" Noah snarled blasting his scowl at Matt who still held his ground. "How dare you?" He roared, his right hand covering his nose in a frail attempt to stop the blood from dripping any more.

Matt huffed amused and crossed his arms on his chest. A wicked smirk brightened his once gloomy face to the sight of a helpless Noah.

"I've always wondered if the rumors are true. Turns out every single one of them is. Noah Bass, the mighty leader, so powerful, so...weak." Matt taunted.
Never had such joy filled his heart before. He wanted the moment to last a little longer before the consequences of his actions could set in.

"Someone needs to teach you some combat skills Mr Bass. You can't always depend on guns."

Noah only scowled at the male enjoying his misery. His soul itched for revenge, but he knew too well that his fighting was child's play if he decided to face Matt.

Matt stood there observing Noah trying to stop the bleeding. He had zero remorse about his actions. And honestly, he'd do it again and again if the bloody bastard wasn't in power.

"You'll pay for this."
Noah threatened pushing a tissue inside his left nostril. "I'll make sure you do."

Oh he definitely would.
"And you go tell that boss of yours that I'm not signing anything till I get a proper apology from her."

A shard of reality pierced Matt's soul.
The consequences would soon set in. He didn't mind being punished, but his lack of control would now affect Annie's deals with Noah. The last thing he had wished for was to get in he way of Annie achieving her goals of bettering the entire organization.

Matt's arms slowly dropped to his sides.
The satisfaction that was once overflowing on his face faded behind the gloomy curtains. And Noah very much noticed how his words had affected the male standing before him.

"You worried now, huh?"

"What can I do for you as an apology? My actions do not reflect my boss. I did this myself."

Replacing the blood-soaked tissue, Noah chuckled. The thrill of having power over people was the best feeling he could ever have. He knew that Matt would bend to his every request just to clear the misunderstanding between them.

"Kill her."

Matt's heart ceased beating for a moment.

Such a bizarre request. One he'd kill him for.

"What?"

"I said-" Noah got off the desk to stand tall and proud, "-kill her."

"I'd rather kill you before I betray my Boss." Matt hissed in return, leading to a short moment of awkwardness as the two males glared at each other.

With every breath Noah took, Matt calculated the angle and timing at which he could take him down. He meant every word he had uttered at Noah.

All of a sudden, Noah let out a cackle.
He let it go on for a minute, loving how serious Matt appeared.
"Oh gawd. You're so adorable when you're murderous."

Adorable?

****Do check out my new book; Enchanted Bloods. If you love merfolk, or the sea, this will be a fun read***