41) You or Jack?

****JACK'S POV****

The innocent snowflakes fell from the black sky and on the bodies. They were immediately corrupted by the crimson fluid they were trying to cover up.
   They fell on my bare arms, but my senses had been turned off by the cocktail of emotions swirling within me. Where was she? How had they snatched her?
Where had I been?

She had received a call from one of the men preparing Daisy's funeral. She had said that she'd be back soon.
   And yet...

I groaned and punched the car window close to me, denting the glass and bruising my knuckles. I wanted to strangle someone. I wanted to blow out some brains or stab whoever had dared lay their dirty fingers on Annie.

    I saw Stan approaching me while the team continued studying the crime scene for any crucial clues. But all I could think of was how I wanted to kick each and every one of them for letting this happen(even though they were innocent).

The abductors had to have planned this for a while. From using someone to lure Annie out of the hospital, to timing her car on this highway.
Fuck!
Why had I listened to her when she said a few guards would protect her? Was there such a fate or coincidence? The one day I let my guard down, an enemy had jumped out of hiding and snatched my girl.

       "The bullets are foreign," Stan informed taking off his white gloves. "Should we call in the AA?"(Alpha Assasins)

I turned my frown at Stan and assumed not to hear his question. The Alpha Assasins, the most vicious assassins in shadows, they were killing machines with nothing to lose. If I permitted them to take over the case, more people than necessary would die, including civilians who might have been innocently connected to Annie's disappearance.

   Why I had such a brutal unit?
It all had to do with the underground wars that had been going on for decades all over the world. Every organization wanted to control the hidden world. If one was weak, it would be devoured ruthlessly by the others. And WSG was the bigger monster. Always had been.

      "What about her tracker?"

Stan brought his right hand forward and showed me the crushed little device.
    I relaxed my facial muscles. Frowning too much was bad for anyone's health. Besides, they had just offered me a way to track them instead. "Send it to the forensic department. I want to know where the person's shoe has been in the last twenty-four hours."

A shocked expression devoured Stan's face. 
  He must have been calling himself dumb for not thinking of such a simple clue. "Right away, Sir."

He hurried back to the scene that was artificially lit and handed over the device.
    I had used my connection to hold off the police. Not like they had better technology than mine. The law did time and again borrow my forensic team to aid them in their investigation.
Why?
It all came down to technology. Other than an organization's skilled members, their technology mattered a lot when ranking them. And the government could do nothing other than cooperate with us as long as we weren't murdering innocent people.

    They didn't give two cares about the internal conflicts in the Mafia world.

In the midst of so many crime organizations, I had created mine to counter them. Which was why I was more closer to the law than any of them.

          ****ANNIE'S POV****

"You don't have to do this," I cried, resisting the stranger's kiss on my neck. "What do you really want? Revenge? Mon-"
   He slid his free hand on my mouth, shutting me up. Was I annoying?

My muffles didn't stop him from groping and kissing wherever he pleased.
   He suddenly stopped and looked up to the mirror. Gawd! The wicked smug on his face was terrifying. It felt like I was staring at the evil side of Jack who was maybe three or four years younger.

    "I told you, I want everything he has. And you, you're the only thing that is missing for me to compete with him. I've been waiting for this-" he sniffed my neck so deeply that I feared the skin would come right off, "-moment for so long that I accidentally fell for you."

   A lump the size of a man's balls formed deep in my throat.
     "This wasn't the original plan. But, oh well, it still works great for me."

The raw fear burning my chest felt like undiluted acid was constantly being poured in there. My heart tried to beat normally, but every second I looked into his eyes or heard his voice, it would start hammering.
   I had now confirmed my suspicions, he was truly psycho. Insane. Unhinged from a part of reality. And I was at his mercy.

The hand on my tit ceased groping and quietly started lifting the t-shirt.
  I could only muffle in protest and wriggle helplessly under the ropes. No, I didn't want things to go that far. I wanted to forget about his grope, but if he touched me down there, I...I just didn't want to imagine what I would do if he assaulted me.

    "Shh! Be a good girl and sit still. I'm not going to hurt you baby," he whispered rubbing his cheek on mine.
   Dear lawd! How could such a good-looking man stoop so low just for vengeance against his...brother?

Vengeance was normal and acceptable, heck, I had killed so many people on my revenge mission. But it was so wrong to involve innocent people to exact one's anger on if they had nothing to do with your trauma. Especially sexual assault.

   Tears of anger, fear and misery trickled from my eyes when they shut. They rolled all the way till they reached his hand.
Suddenly, the man stopped undressing me and took his hand from my mouth. There were hurried footsteps as he came to stand in front of me.

With the same molesting hands, he wiped the tears from my face. "Don't cry baby. Did I hurt you?"
      It was mentally torturous having to listen to him. He sounded like he also had a case of DID. Could it be possible?

The answer laid on his face the second I opened my eyes. The bastard was grinning. A mocking grin. "Gawd! You're so adorable when you cry." He laughed straightening, dropping the care act. "Looks like I'll have so much fun with you."

   I pushed back the tears and gathered some courage to speak.
"Do you intend to use me as bait?"

   "Bait? Oh no darling."

"Then why am I here?"

He laughed again. "Because I want you here. Is there a problem?"

  I looked away. Maybe if I ignored him, he would now leave. Not like he was providing any useful information.

"Zack."

I shot my clueless gaze to him and he smiled lowering his ass on the dresser beside the full-length mirror. "My name is Zack."

I didn't respond, instead, I looked away again. Why wasn't he leaving?
   "You do know that if I wanted to have my way with you, I'd have done it while you were unconscious?"

Silence.
"Talk to me darling, how do you wanna do this?"

    "Do what?"

Zack gave an excited single clap before jumping away from the dresser. "I love s good question. Here's the thing, one of you has to lose their memory. Who's it gonna be? You? Or, my dear half-brother?"

   I almost experienced a heart attack from how my heart reacted to his evil plan. Lose our memory? Oh no!
I had underestimated just how cruel this man was. My judgement had visualized him exchanging me for something from Jack and then disappearing from our lives.

Now it seemed like he had planned out this game and he wanted to be in control.

****Just because it's raining and I'm in a good mood, I'll give you a bonus update today. Hhhh.  
Btw, if you're into BL/YAOI, watch out for the short story I'll drop before the end of the week called MY BULLY. 😊...***