35) Paul vs Jack

****JACK'S POV****

Stan banged on the door staring at me as if teasing me. I glared at it as my head recreated the image of Annie walking through it.
  Gawd!
There was so much rage boiling inside my chest. It made my lungs feel constricted and my heart numb.

      When Stan was about to bang for the fourth time, I lifted my palm, signaling him to stop. I had heard a door slamming from the inside, someone was on his way to us.

  A few seconds and the lock clicked before the white door was pulled inwards to open.
   Paul stood there, dark circles around his bloodshot eyes, a sleepy veil hanging on his face. It all indicated his deprived sleep.

  My jaw clenched.
What had they been up doing?

   "Oh, it's you?" He spoke in a flat tone. Disinterest dulling his eyes to the sight of me.

  "Where is she?" I demanded, struggling to hold the fierce urge to knock him to the side and search for Annie myself. But he was her friend or whatever, I had to at least respect that.
   Paul just yawned, ignoring my question.

"Tell her to come out right now."

Paul chuckled amused and crossed his arms on his chest while resting his back against the doorframe. "I don't know what you're talking about."

    "Tell her, to come out, this damn second!"

Every vein in my body was vibrating with pure refined anger. Just looking at his smug face made my fists tremble, aching to deliver hard blows to his jaw and abdomen.
    "I won't ask a-"

The door was swung in fully, revealing a dull version of my Annie. Her eyes were void of life, bags under them to tell a story of sadness and lack of sleep. Her dark skin seemed to lack its magical touch from maybe dehydration and her brown hair was all over in a disheveled state.

   She lifted her heavy sombre eyes to me and asked, "Why are you here Jack?"

   I scoffed and looked away for a second.
"Why am I here?" My furious gaze met hers again. "You just left so late and didn't bother informing me."

   "Please go away. I don't feel like talking to you."

My brows scrunched from both confusion and fury. What was wrong with her? Was she in her luteal phase? Whatever it was, I could not let her stay there a moment longer.

  I reached for her hand but she dashed out of the way and hid behind Paul.
    Hurt, I retreated the hand, fingers folding into a ball.
        "Annie? Come here," I said with a fake calmness.

  "I said I don't want to see you. Please, just go away."
I caught the wetness spreading in her eyes which only made me feel horrible. Never before had I seen her so broken. Could it be that Daisy's death scarred her so deeply?
   No, it had to be more than her death.

  My scowl shot to Paul who still possessed a smug expression. Pattie might have spilled about the pregnancy, maybe he took the initiative to tell Annie.

   "Whatever he told you, we can talk about it."

   Paul suddenly laughed detaching his back from the frame to stand in front of Annie like a shield. "I wonder what I told her! Oh wait," he grinned devilishly to infuriate me, "-it was you. You leaked your own secret, hahaha!"

            ****ANNIE'S POV****

He sounded so angry, and the flames in his eyes were enough to burn a mortal to death. The only thing keeping us alive might have been death's mercy.

   The damned male didn't even remember what he said to me. Of course, he wouldn't. He was drunk and horny.
I bet the only thing he could remember was fucking me like he had never before.
     The sex had been unforgettable, but I still didn't want to see him.
My heart was in tiny pieces that needed time to fix.