39) Slap some sense

My body trembled as a pleasing sensation of relief washed through me.
Countless minutes had gone by.
Gawd! I had forgotten how to count.
How could I when Jack's fingers had been harassing my hole?
Moans of pleasure echoed throughout the office before my back slammed on Jack's chest, fully drained.

     He slid out the fingers that had been offering me sweet torment and lifted them to our vision. They glistened, covered by my love juices like colorless honey.

    Jack chuckled.
"What a beautiful sight."

The fingers were then directed straight to Jack's face. A sucking sound slipped into my ear from Jack savoring the salty colorless honey from my core.
   Oh gawd. He has just...

You should return the favor, said my devil side, and suddenly, my heart leaped excitedly. Jack would love it.

I was about to slide off his lap for the floor when his phone started ringing. I gazed at it, only for an arrow of envy to stab me when the caller ID registered... Patricia.
  A round lump materialized in my throat, hidden from Jack's judgment.

    He didn't hesitate to pick it up.
"Hel-"

"It hurts. My stomach hurts. I need you," the cursed female's voice cried out, and in an instant, Jack's whole body tensed.

    "Where are you? Can you get to the hospital?"

   "No Jack. My tummy is in pain. I will not let these filthy guards touch me."

  "Jesus Pattie! Must you turn every situation in-"

      "I want you here right now or else I won't go to the hospital. If something happens to this baby, it's all on-"

   "Fine! I'll be there."

He tossed the device on the desk carelessly, or was it angrily? Poor Jack.

Following the bitter interruption, nothing more could progress between us. Jack's mood fell into a ditch of rage but I chose to stay by his side even when he left the mansion. Our ride to Pattie's destination was filled with a dim aura that only impacted nothing but gloominess in us.

   I hated how she now had something to use against Jack. A weapon that neither of us could destroy.

  I lost myself to staring at the cold air descending on the world from the heavens. Winter.
How would it end?
With Pattie still in the house?
Or with me out of the house?
How long could I put up with my rival?

I glanced at Jack. He had his eyes shut and his face darkened by a frown.
   He was strong having put up with Pattie all this while. What a patient man.

--------------------------------

      ****3RD POV****

"Ow-ow-ow!" Pattie groaned loudly and clutched her abdomen. She faked her cries and pain to gain Jack's sympathy and aggravate Annie's jealousy.

    She pushed her head on his chest and took his hand without permission, placing it on her abdomen as if it belonged there.

  Annie shot them a fierce scowl through the rearview mirror, her eyes burning with wild flames. Gawd!
She wanted to hop in the backseat and kick Pattie out of the moving car. The baby was the only thing making sure that her murderous thoughts would never see the light of day.

     Pattie caught the glare and smirked at Annie in secrecy while rubbing herself all over Jack's arm. She clung on to him, keeping up with the frail act.

The resentment inside Jack's heart only deepened. He felt disgusted by the woman next to him. But no matter how many times he regretted that cursed day, he had no power to reverse time. He could only choose how to deal with the present.

    "Could you go a little faster?" He asked the driver through gritted teeth.

It felt as though the car was hardly moving, which only caused the awkward air in the car to intensify.

   "But Jack, I may throw up if he drives it faster than it is right now."

Annie rolled her eyes at Pattie's pathetic display of her delicate side. The whole scene bled of nothing but desperation and manipulation. So desperate that it made her want to stab her eyes out.
  How shameless could a woman go for a man who clearly didn't want her?
Did Pattie think her life was from a movie where the male lead would fall for her if she put on the distress act?

A tide of relief swept through Annie's heart when the maternity hospital came in sight. She had offered to host Pattie in her hospital but Pattie had declined, voicing her distrust for Annie. They were rivals after all.

   "Don't touch me!" Pattie yelled at the nurses, slapping away their hands off of her. She instead, grabbed Jack's arm and winced to make the act feel real.

Every eye in the waiting area was diverted towards the five walking in.
  Some were touched by the 'couple', impressed that a man had made some effort to escort his girlfriend for a check-up.

     "Jack, help me in."

"Pattie!" Jack hissed under his breath, careful of creating a scene in such a public place. He fixed his solemn glare on her, placing a hand on hers to peel off the fingers one after the other. "They're the ones running a check on you. I'm not a doctor, am I now?"

   Annie was a breath away from exploding.
The secondhand embarrassment she was feeling on behalf of Pattie pushed her to move between the two. She pulled Pattie away from Jack and delivered a merciless slap that echoed in the room.

   Pattie gasped backing away from both to fall into the nurses' arms.

The eyes spectating widened from the out-of-the-blues drama, now intrigued by the promising scene to follow.

      "How dare you slap me?" Pattie cried massaging her cheek, her harsh scowl aimed at Annie. "You have such guts to-" she yelled rushing for Annie but Jack pushed her back to the nurses gently.

   "Jack?!"

"Get your ass in there right now!"

"But she..."
In the heat of the moment, Pattie had dropped her pretense, only to realize it when the second nurse presented a wheelchair.

    "Please sit."

Annie stepped forward frowning at Pattie.
"Go and get checked. Enough with the silly drama already."

   "You'll regret slapping me!"
Pattie yelled being ushered away in the wheelchair by the nurses.
Once she disappeared down the bright hallway, Jack released his breath, which he hadn't realized he had closed in.

   Annie's slender hands came hooking on his arm, transferring her strength to his defeated soul. "Let's go sit."
She led him to the gray plastic seats arranged in the waiting area, which were mostly empty.

There were a few women present, some whose bellies were protruding so much that they couldn't sit properly.
   Seeing them, Annie felt a pang of guilt.
Money had bought them privileges. It had guaranteed Pattie's fast check-up, bypassing the women.

    "Thank you," Jack said giving her hand a gentle squeeze.

  "You don't have to. I helped everyone here. Gawd! She was so annoying."

A dull smile presented itself as Jack looked away to study the white walls and the receptionist whose nose was buried in her phone. Stan had taken care of everything before they arrived, which made it easier for them to have Pattie tended to as soon as possible.

   He didn't want to stay in that hospital a minute more than necessary. The pregnancy charts on the south wall would only unearth a long-forgotten dark memory that he had buried in the depths of his soul.

  The only thing keeping him from dashing out of there was the hand holding his. Why had he put so much importance on a single woman? Would it not have been easier living life as he had long before Annie came into his life a decade ago?

*****Read ahead only on Patreon. Book 2 is complete, and the third book is at chapter 37 as of today**** ♥️❣️