19) Jack's dominance

*****ANNIE*****

  I hugged my pillow firmly and suddenly broke out in a set of happy kicks, squirming like a worm while making little squeals. My heart was a thread away from exploding from all the delight and anticipation flooding in it.

   Jack's words, in the end, were, 'I'll give you an answer tomorrow'.
He hadn't said it'd be impossible to accept my third request, he just said, tomorrow.

  For the first time in five years, the nervousness of being around Jack struck me like lightning. It felt like I was seventeen all over again when I started openly flirting and seducing him.
The bliss running through my body was better than the billions of dollars in my accounts. I felt...satisfied.

     Other than taking over Black Blood, my other major goal was, taking back Jack. He was the only man I longed for. The only man I envisioned a future with. I just didn't think that the plans would have to be moved forward before Project Beta was completed. But whatever, I could juggle between work and my love life. Or entrust the project to Jack. I trusted him with my life. That, would never change.

   It's finally happened Annie, I squealed in my head, tossing on the bed from one end to the other.
The night would feel too long, but I was ready to endure the hardship of waiting for daybreak without a single complaint.

----------------------------------

   Nine thirteen, the round wall clock read.

My eyes fell on my wristwatch, comparing the time just in case the clock had stopped functioning.

    It was still nine thirteen.
So why had Jack not contacted me yet?

Frowning, I tore my eyes from the wristwatch and looked around at the faces keenly listening to the worker who was busy reporting about the progress of the new tech the company had released in the market.
    As I forced my gaze to the female speaking, I collided with a dense pair of gray eyes watching me. They were steady and questioning.

Damn!

   I quickly averted my gaze to someone else, escaping Paul's wordless interrogation. His stare was so thick that I could still feel it on me even after looking away.

About thirty minutes elapsed, marking the end of the meeting. The board of directors paid their respects to Paul-I made him the face of the tech company a year ago- and left.

    I got up to leave the conference room when Paul's voice suddenly rang out, "Wait!"

   "Um..." I faced him.
For countless days, Paul hadn't spoken to me ever since what he witnessed in my house that night.
It was right saying he had been avoiding me.

   "You..." He got up, his hands tugging his jacket down to straighten it. "You seemed lost and distracted," the male said as he walked past the four chairs that had been separating us.

My palms were suddenly covered by a layer of moisture, scared about the conversation he might bring up. When angry, Paul was a savage. I had gotten to know him deeper during our five years of cooperation and crossing him wasn't something I liked doing.

   My throat slowly and quietly dried out the more the male got closer.

     "Something wrong?"

I quickly shook my head and pulled out a fake assuring grin.

   He kept coming, invading my space while I tried moving away from him as much as I could. But damn the chair behind me. It made me tumble till my ass dropped on it.

     Paul's face darkened with an evil and cold grin. "And she's scared," he mocked as his right hand gripped the headrest, stabilizing his motion. While still caging my gaze, Paul leaned down further till his warm breaths could fall on my face.