Chapter 4

Chapter 4: Heartwarming Reunion

"What happened before i passed out?"

You asked while Xie Lian lend his hand to help you stand up, he recalled;

"Tell me gege, why are you here?"

Xie Lian wanted to tell the truth but he realized it would be falsely accusing Hua cheng that he kidnapped a heavenly official and kept it in his basement. So he lied and said..

"Jun Wu sent me here to deal with affairs" That was the lie that came to his mind "Jun Wu..? I think he hates gege" Xie Lian was startled by that "Why do you think so?"

The two were only chatting and walking ahead of you "Jun wu...why does that name sound familiar?" you mumbled

"The Heavenly Emperor is always busy, its not easy running the heavens"
"If he is busy why don't he just visit Ghost city himself?"
"San Lang isn't that the point"

Your steps slowed down and your eyelids grow heavy, your vision went fuzzy "Shit, not again" And with a loud thud, you fell to the floor, sleeping.

Xie Lian and Hua cheng were quick to turn around and Xie Lian was the first to bend down and check on you "Baobei? Baobei!?"

He tried shaking your shoulders but your soft snores said no, Xie Lian sighed. Hua cheng walked over to check, he put his palm over your forehead and checked your pulse

"Jiejie is only sleeping, don't worry." He reassured Xie Lian "This is the second time it happened, don't you think we should do something about it?"

Hua Cheng carried you bridal style "Yes but we should send her to bed" Xie Lian followed after him "What bed?" "My bed."

"And that's what happened" Xie Lian ended the flashback. You rubbed your eyes but unconsciously stopped when you realized you were in Hua Cheng's bed.

"I'm sorry for troubling you both, you guys should continue without me" You sit up and crossed your legs "No Baobei, first off do you have any idea why you casually pass out at random times?"

"I honestly don't know why, my theory is that when i hear something familiar connected to my past i just pass out? Speaking of passing out, i had a dream...."

Hua Cheng sat beside you "What was it jiejie?" He was keenly interested. "I had a dream when i was around 10 at that time, i was in a glamorous palace. There was this man uh i think his name was..hm..." You tried to remember "Mei...Mei Nian? It was kinda long"

Xie Lian felt concerned, the name you said sounded similar to him, he shook his head and spoke to himself that he was probably overthinking it.

"And he scolded me for sleeping in calligraphy class...? And he carried me to another extravagant room, there was this giant guy and holy moly he almost looked like me. Except I'm like the female version" You remembered the dude's face "And he looked like my brother so in other words"

You coughed "I met my dad on my dream, i didn't got his name, unfortunately"

The room was filled with silence for a moment "I see..." Truth be told, Xie Lian was also traumatized from your past death. Now that you were back, he will do anything to prevent you from leaving him.

With a sigh you plopped on the bed with your arms out, exhausted "I think it's the stress of dealing with so many cases"

"Cases?" Hua Cheng laid on the bed next to you, but his hand was supporting his cheek, he didn't necessarily lay down, but just to look at you

"Well you see, although I'm a so called idol. I'm also, a human rights lawyer. I don't get called to court alot compared to the criminal defense lawyers who will twist words and tell biggest lies to defend their client...but lawyers are stressed no matter what type of law they handle"