Chapter 28

Chapter 28: A Family Mishap

Happy new year! This chapter is shorter than the rest because my class starts next week, and i'm preparing. Idk when will i update again, but i will try to in any given chance. I hope 2024 be a good year to you all (And if you're reading this in the future may the next years be filled with blessings) ✨️

Jiujiu- Maternal uncle

┏━•❃°•°❀°•°❃•━┓

"Hey um, hong-er, this is kinda out of pocket..." Hua Cheng looked at you "Hm?"

"How do you deal with random erections?"

Okay that was really out of pocket

"And i thought transforming to a guy was less hard than being a girl but naur, i get erections at random times, when i'm cooking, fighting some tough jiangshi, and it's difficult to control"

You rambled while you and Hua Cheng approach the entrance to ghost city, he lightly snorted at your words.

"I see jiejie has a functioning male reprodutive system"

You shook your head a dozen times "No bro, my semen doesn't work. Yes i can get hard but i have zero sperm count. Because i have deadlines every month."

Hua Cheng already understood the last part, even if he can transform into a female form as a ghost, he still can't experience menstruation, so who is he to judge? he can only stay silent

"I'm curious, why does menstruation exists?"

You scoffed "Uterus wants baby, i said no, uterus gets mad and causes bloodshed. Get it?" Hua Cheng however, continued to ask "Englighten me, jiejie"

"And i thought you already know this..." you groaned "Fine, I'll explain it for you, uncultured swine."

Uncultured swine...a stab to Hua Cheng's heart.

"There's this egg that needs to be fertilized with a man's sperm which the ovary releases every month. The uterus makes a lining from blood which is to prepare for pregnancy. The egg rests on the uterus until the end of the month, if there's no sperm coming then blood will flow together with the egg. That's it."

With a sigh both of you reached ghost city, the sky is always red and the familiar eerie atmosphere over a bustling street.

Hua Cheng didn't know much about female reprodutive systems and the names of the organ, but he understood, in his mind, menstruation is like a reminder ur not pregnant.

"I see now, the fact that it's a part of the female system is...painful"
"See, you get it right? I wish i was a male assigned at birth, my gege doesn't have to deal with it, bros living his best life!"

You noticed you're already in ghost city when you smelled a stench of rotten blood. Your face contorted and Hua Cheng noticed, he gently held your hand before grabbing a dice from his sleeves, rolling it, once it dropped to the ground all of you teleported to Paradise Manor.

On the outside, it looked like it wasn't burned at all, just like the first time you landed your eyes on his manor when you followed Xie Lian. Hua Cheng gestured to his masked subordinate, to make tea, and then told you to follow him.

Examining the interior, it looked sturdy, nothing off or missing. In the corner of your eye you saw the same ladies who danced, prepare food, you couldn't help but stare at how beautiful they were.

Riiiiing, the sound of your phone ringing made you snap back to reality. Opening it, you saw your son's name on the screen and a photo of him eating ramen with the silliest face.