Chapter 33 (Arc 3)

Tgcf didn't state what timeline it took place, like it didn't specify what dynasty did it take place in. Assuming from the clothing, it's a mixture of old different dynasties(?) and many of them are gods which tend to live centuries and millenias, so each of them were born and raised in diff dynasties i think(?) From my research each duration of dynasties vary, some held their power for short and long periods of time.

So what I'm tryna say here is that, since tgcf doesn't have a specific timeline. I can freely decide what timelines/era other nations are in my fanfic.

Dongying (Japan) will take place during the Edo period. Where the Sakoku decree took place.

Because Edo period was around the time between Ming and Qing(to my current knowledge) and clothing styles vary under each dynasty. I don't want people to go in my comments saying stuff like: "Tgcf clothing doesn't look like what the Ming and Qing wore. So why did Dongying took place during the edo in ur fanfic?"

I already made my point clear, so enjoy reading the start of Arc 3!

╚═*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═╝

After teleporting, all of you entered what seems to be a shrine. It was the water and wind master's shrine. But the plaque was smashed to the ground, torn to two with its characters barely readable if it weren't for the gods in the room having good deciphering skills.

Much to everyone's shock and Qingxuan's horror. The wind master's divine statue lost some limbs and the water master's head was cut from its own body. The head was on the ground, staring at the group with its stony face.

Qingxuan's stammered and pleaded Ming Yi not to tell Shi Wudu of the state this humble shrine was in. He didn't take it to heart, getting used to gods receiving some hate, but it did irk him that someone would go as far as to ruin the beautiful statue of him in his female form. What he was really worried about was what his brother would think.

Everyone in the room, including you, know Shi Wudu's character. Someone as prideful as him wouldn't take it lighty that his shrine was ruined. Ming Yi was nonchalant and didn't bother to tell Wudu about it.

While they were all discussing their theories on who's responsible for the shrine's destruction, you accidentally stepped onto some stone on the ground. However, it didn't feel like it was there recently, it's as if...it was cemented their a long time ago.

You tripped backwards, but Hua Cheng catched you in time before you could land on the ground. You smiled to thank at him, he helped you up. "Thanks San Lang...ugh who would put a random rock on the ground?"

"It was probably the Reverend of-" Qingxuan stopped mid sentence as his eyes went wide "Guys look!" He pointed his finger "There's a hidden passageway!"

"Huh?" The three of you said it on sync, Ming Yi remained quiet as ever, but he secretly stared daggers at Qingxuan when he accused the Reverend of Empty words for putting a rock randomly on the floor.

What Qingxuan said was true, some random wall near the broken divine statues opened, and a faint light was emitting from the said passageway.

"It appeared after Jiejie tripped on the cemented stone on the ground, assuming the circumstances, this stone that she tripped on was the one that opened the passageway" Hua Cheng simply explained.

"I agree San Lang, Wind and Earth master, let's go in, shall we?" All of them agreed "Baobei, stick with me and San Lang"

As all of you went inside, the passageway already had torches lit up at every corners of the walls. The torches were bright and they didn't need to use their spiritual powers to create light.