(Arc 2) Chapter 18

Chapter 18: Lanterns in the Mid Autumn Festival Part 1

_________ ׂׂૢ་༘࿐
Just to your luck, while you were healing the heavens and the human world was packed. Why you ask? because the Mid autumn Festival was approaching.

Not only were they packed but struggling, for the past years you facilitated in the preparation, due to your absence the gods had trouble in some aspects.

Of course you were stressed out during those times but now you're relaxing in your bed, to others it's hell being quarantined but to you, you managed to get the 8 hour sleep you needed.

Although your father set ground rules for your sleep schedule, as you got older that schedule changed and you got less sleep.

Stretching your arms and letting out the loudest yawn, you look around your room and saw Lin Jia at the door chatting with a concubine of yours.

"His magnificence is quiet busy in the human world so he passed me this..."

"(Name) is sleeping at the moment so it's best to..."

They were chatting and when the concubine saw you he did the fist-and-palm salute "Good morning my lady"

"Good, you're awake" Lin Jia turned around to face you "Erm...?" you made another yawn "What's with the racket at this hour?"

"Apologies my lady, i must take my leave now. Lin-yuanjun i take it you can tell her?" He glanced at Lin Jia and she nodded, and the concubine left

Lin Jia raised her pointy finger and a faint sparkle emitted from it, she used her magic to levitate and carry the jar. It was huge and you can tell that magic was necessary to carry it, unless if you're a martial god there's no need for magic

With a snap the jar floated upside down and a few shakes and rattles objects fell from it. What shocked you though was a letter being the last to fall and it was like cherry on top for all the objects below it.

"A lovely gift from your consort" She said as she watched you read the letter

My darling,

It's the time of the year, i humbly invite you to Yingyue and see the Mid autumn festival. The heavens already know i can't attend the battle of the lanterns banquet but i know i will be the top 5 as usual.

But ah i didn't write this to brag, of course i know that you're not included in the battle for always winning fourth place next to your brother. So how have you been? If you can't come i wish you'd write me a letter. Pay attention to your lovely consort, will you, my darling?

If you're getting better i wish you'd attend, but don't push yourself okay?

I promise to put on a glamorous performance at the opera house when you pay Yingyue a visit. At night is where the magic happens. I look forward to it.

"An invitation, huh?" You folded the letter and put it beside you "Write him back and say you're in confinement" Lin Jia crossed her arms

You put a finger under your chin in deep thought as you stared at the many wrapped items on the floor infront of you

"I have an idea..."

"(Name) you know everytime you say that it's never good"

You put both of your hands on your hips "C'mon Jia, i need you listen to this, it's not bad" She facepalmed "Fine, if it's not good i ain't going with it"

The plan was to sneak off in your male form.

"Are you for real? The hope crystal is restricting you! Without spiritual powers you can't change forms!"