Chapter 32

Chapter 32: Who ate the Jinx Monster

"Tut, i never thought I'd see the day where i would leave the company into your hands...A-Yuan."

A voice spoke, holding his phone close to his ear as he walk pass by the grand avenue of divine might, although he was poised and dignified, his face wasn't. His brows were scrunched and his lips didn't know whether to be happy or sad.

"Come on now hubby, how hard can it be? I managed a cultivation sect without cultivating in the first place-"
"Thats because you're in a different body, be grateful the heavens gave you a second chance in life."

Another playful yet masculine voice laughed from his phone "Alright, alright, you got me. But the heaven you mentioned, you're already there right?"

"Yes" The man briefly nodded at every God he encountered, as they bow with a fist-and-palm salute to him first.

"Okay, make sure to bring me some heavenly food once you're back. Gotta go hubby, Neji is still asking me about today's invoice. The tax collectors came in the other day, see ya." The voice on the phone giggled and hung up.

The man paused on his tracks before hiding his phone in his pockets before sighing heavily. He then continued his stroll to the Palace of Divine Might.

The same officials he passed by all whispered and gossiped

"I can't believe it, his excellency finally stepped on the heaven's soil after....seven, no wait...ten years!" A middle aged official with a long beard exclaimed

"He looks just like his sister! Except he's more taller and....well...dignified, ahem"  Another female official coughed after the last phrase

"Shush! The princess hasn't recovered her memories, therefore she has lost the values and morals of being a royal! So you-" As they squabbled, the man, who was your gege, heard them from afar and he sighed again.

"It's only been fifteen minutes since i came here and now they're gossiping about my meimei, how dare they..." He rolled back his long sleeve to check his apple watch "So it's actually been seventeen minutes, i see..."

After stepping inside the palace, he immediately saw his father standing, his back faced him.

"Father, i'm here, as you requested..."

Jun Wu finally turned his back and gave him a genuine smile "Son, how have you been? I assume you've taken my advice on sleeping early?" He walked down the stairs, with his right hand on his back and let his left hand swung freely

"Not in the slightest" Your gege sighed for the third time, if it wasn't for his high coverage concealer and a well maintained skin care routine, his eyebags would be darker than He Xuan's clothes.

"If anyone were to say managing a corporation is better than a kingdom, I'd disagree, because neither are easy.." He yawned.

Because of his sleep deprivation, his attitude is more on the calm side. The main reason why he's still doing well despite the lack of sleep, is mainly because he's not a human. Humans would absolutely lose their mind if they couldn't sleep for the whole week, meanwhile he can and would still endure your pestering.

"Eight hundred years ago, you were the energetic one and your sister was like you now, stoic and sleep deprived. How the tables turn.." Jun Wu fixed his son's robes.

Your gege wore long sleeves but wore pants, it was a mix of hanfu and modern suit. It was in the color of white and gradient purple. A contrast to your black and purple robes.

His  white jade earrings complimented his entire facial look.

"Thats because my sister was the one shouldering heavy task while I was adventuring in the mortal world and enduring my assassination missions..." He went silent for a moment before he spoke "Now i understand why meimei wasn't 'humurous' back in the day, it's the stress...and now she'll have it once she takes over the throne"