𝟎𝟖 | 𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐲

Once we had collected ourselves, Luke and I returned to the studio. Alex and Reggie were sitting on the couch and stood up upon our return.

"We have to convince Julie to let us stay," Luke explained. "We already lost our lives, we can't lose our home too."

"You're right," Alex stood up in solidarity. "Let's go."

With that, Alex marched out of the studio.

"I was thinking we'd come up with some kind of plan first but," Luke shrugged. "Screw it, let's go!"

Luke and Reggie followed after Alex. When Luke noticed I had stayed put, he turned around.

"You coming?"

"I think I'll let you guys take this one," I replied with a shrug.

Luke nodded and made his way over to me, pulling me into a hug. "Thanks for that, by the way."

"Don't worry about it," I hugged back. "We lift each other up."

Luke gave me a shy smile before jogging out to catch up with the guys. After he left, I fell back into the sofa. What on earth had I gotten myself into?

———

The guys returned moments later. I sat up as soon as I heard them enter.

"Well?"

Alex shook his head. "We weren't exactly invited to family dinner."

"Oh," I frowned. "Maybe next time."

"Hey, I know what'll cheer us up," A mischievous grin appeared on Luke's face.

"Going down to the pet store to watch hamsters spin on wheels?" Reggie asked.

"Dude, no," Luke shook his head. "Come on!"

Luke vanished before reappearing in the loft. Alex and Reggie seemed to know where this was going as they had nodded to each other before joining him.

"Care to share?" I asked, trying to see what was going on up there.

"Do you play?" Luke asked.

"Play what?"

Drumsticks flew over the railing of the loft, only to land at my feet.

"Yeah, I think that's Alex's thing," I stated.

Guitar picks followed.

"Luke's got that covered."

I cowered as an entire bass guitar was thrown over the railing.

"My baby!" Reggie called out as he appeared in front of me, catching the bass and falling backwards, causing both of us to crash to the ground.

"Yeah, I think I'll leave that to Reggie."

"Wise choice," Reggie stated menacingly before lifting off the floor, clenching to his child for dear life.

Piece by piece, the guys brought down their equipment. As they vanished and reappeared with new pieces, I started to set everything up.

After they had brought down the final pieces of Alex's drum set, they collapsed into the sofa.

"Whew!" Reggie gasped. "I'm pooped."

"How are we gonna set all this up?" Luke breathed.

"You won't," I gestured over to the equipment. "I did it."

The guys looked up in amazement.

"How did you do that?" Alex asked, confused.

"What do you mean?" I laughed. "I've been doing it this whole time."

"It usually takes us way longer than a few minutes to set everything up and there's four - well, three - of us," Luke admitted, impressed. "We couldn't have been more than ten minutes bringing everything down, right?"

"Right," Alex breathed.

"I mean, judging by today, it could've actually been ten years," Reggie shrugged.

"Wow, none of you would be cut out to be sound engineers," I teased.

"That's why we're the stars," Luke winked as he stood up.

As the guys picked up their instruments, I headed up to the loft and began to search through the boxes. Each box was packed with sound equipment and miscellaneous instruments.

"Hey!" Luke called. "We need an audience down here!"

I rolled my eyes and opened the last box, smirking as I pulled out a Sunset Curve t-shirt. I quickly threw it on and teleported downstairs.

"Ask and you shall receive," I said as I sat back into the sofa.

"Hey, nice shirt!" Reggie beamed.

"Thanks, I'm a big fan," I mocked. "Now, where's this concert I was promised?"

I glanced over at Luke, who appeared to have just pulled himself out of a daydream.

"Right, boys," He said. "Let's do this!"

With that, they started to play.