𝟏𝟖 | 𝐌𝐚𝐣𝐨𝐫

As Luke and Reggie jammed to Julie's lyrics, which Luke totally stole from her dream box, the garage door opened.

"Guys," Julie said, closing the door behind her. "You aren't supposed to be out here playing alone."

"But we aren't alone," Reggie smiled as he wrapped an arm around Luke. "'Cause we always have each other."

Julie groaned before pulling the plug out of the amplifier.

"Hey!" I exclaimed. "That took me a whole two seconds to set up!"

"We had the volume level on one," Luke reasoned.

"But we rocked it on volume ten," Reggie smirked. "You want us to play it again?"

Julie unplugged Luke's guitar cable, making it clear that she did not want them to play it again.

"We've actually been waiting for you to get home," Luke informed her. "We have some pretty major news to tell you."

Luke and Reggie started bubbling with excitement.

"We had a band meeting earlier," Luke continued. "And ... we want to invite you to join Sunset Curve! And, no, you're not dreaming."

Unfortunately, Julie did not share their enthusiasm.

"Oh."

"Um, that's what you say when you get socks for your birthday," Luke smiled through the pain. "Not when you're invited to join the most epic band ever."

Julie explained that she was not in a place to think about anything but the fight she had with her best friend, Flynn.

"Yeah, you're in a tough spot," Luke sighed. "So, you wanna join the band?"

"Read the room, dude," Julie rolled and eyes and headed for the door.

"I don't know what that means," I whispered.

"Me either," Reggie shrugged.

"Oh, come on!" Luke followed after Julie. "We need you and you need us because you need music."

Luke admitted to "finding" a poem Julie wrote and told her they came up with chords and a melody for it. When Julie realised they had gone through her stuff, she chased after Luke.

"Boundaries!" Julie exclaimed at Luke from across the piano. "Give it back!"

"No!" Luke retorted. "You need to realise how insanely talented you are!"

Luke began to read out the lyrics Julie wrote. As she tried to snatch the page from him, he pulled it back and began to sing the melody he came up with. The lyrics only reminded Julie of Flynn, so she turned around and went to leave the garage.

"Hey!" Luke exclaimed. "What about the band?"

"Oh, I almost forgot," Julie's smile faded into a threatening grimace. "Stay out of my room!"

With that, Julie left.

"We will if you join our band!" Luke called after her.

"I'll go talk to her," I said.

I poofed out of the garage and reappeared before Julie as she made her way up the steps.

"Oh my god," She breathed. "Stop doing that!"

"Sorry," I shrugged. "And sorry about them, they don't get it."

"Do you get it?" Julie questioned.

"Sure," I said. "Me and your mom used to fight all the time when we were your age."

"You are my age."