𝟐𝟔 | 𝐏𝐨𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐬𝐬

We followed Willie down the grand staircase where we joined the people we had previously observed from above. Everyone was dressed in elegant dresses and tuxedos and we ... well, we were definitely there.

"I think we're a little overdressed," Luke joked as he tugged at his jacket.

As we reached the bottom of the stairs, an older couple walked right through Alex and Willie.

"Whoa! I thought these people were all going to be ghosts," Reggie said.

"These are all lifers," Willie explained, gesturing to the crowd.

"Oh, uh, lifers are actually - "

"Alive people," Reggie cut off Alex. "I was listening."

"But this is a very exclusive crowd," Willie added.

Willie explained that the people that had gathered at the club had paid a lot of money to get in there and get a sneak peek of the afterlife.

"I always knew rich people did weird stuff like this," Reggie looked around.

"Right?" I agreed. "Why would they sit around in their mansions with all that money when they could do cool stuff like this?"

"Gentlemen, I have a table for you," A waiter appeared behind us. "Right this way."

"Gentlewoman," I muttered under my breath.

Luke must've heard me because he turned around and smiled. After he straightened his jacket like it was a tuxedo, he extended an arm to me.

"M'lady."

I laughed and playfully shoved him aside, following the others over to the table. It was as I walked, I realised that was the first thing he said to me since we arrived at the club.

The table was reserved for five people under Willie's name. The chairs were silver and the table had one of those fancy white tablecloths thrown over it - like the ones you would see in a five-star restaurant in a movie. We all sat down and I found myself sitting between Luke and Alex.

"Okay, so who's gonna make us visible so we can confront our old bandmate?" Luke asked, all business.

"Oh, no, no," Willie shook his head. "None of these lifers have the power to do that."

At that moment, the lights dimmed until there was no light at all.

"Oh," Willie beamed. "But here comes the ghost who does."

"Ladies and gentlemen, back from the dead by popular demand, please welcome Caleb Covington!"

The crowd erupted into cheers as Caleb Covington appeared onstage.

"Did you miss me?" Caleb asked the crowd.

"Not particularly," I whispered, causing Luke to chuckle.

"I did too!" Caleb announced.

"He missed himself?" Luke questioned, to which I laughed - blending in with the crowd.

"Welcome," Caleb announced. "To the party of your dreams!"

The crowd burst into cheers once again, he clearly had some kind of hold over these people. Then again, I'd cheer that loudly if I spent god knows how much to be there.

"From the Egyptians to the Druids, to the person sitting next to you," Caleb spoke. "We've all wondered 'Where do we go when that final night is snuffed out?'"

"Touchy subject," Luke and I muttered at the same time.

Music began to play. "Allow me to show you ... "