𝟐𝟏 | 𝐇𝐚𝐮𝐧𝐭

The newly formed band had spent the whole day rehearsing for the dance. I was happy to observe from the sidelines and be their test guinea pig. Not that they needed one, they knew they rocked regardless of what songs they played.

After an hour or so had passed, Alex had returned from his mysterious morning away. Few details of his day were shared, though, as Flynn had arrived to the scene. Shortly after, Carlos made an appearance and almost disintegrated Alex's soul with salt. The keyword being almost.

Once the dramatics had died down and the visitors left, Luke gave Julie his journal so she could have a look at the songs he was writing. I must admit, I was a little bit jealous. Sure, Luke told me about all of the songs he was writing, but he had never actually shown me any. My jealousy peaked when Julie's eye was caught by one song in particular.

"Who's Emily?" She inquired.

"That one's not dog-eared!" Luke exclaimed as he tried to take back his journal, but failed.

"If you could only know, that I never let you go," Julie chuckled. "Wow, Luke, I didn't know you were such a romantic."

"Neither did I," I tried to play along, but I was never great at hiding my emotions.

"He's not!" Alex jumped in, noticing my discomfort. "That one's actually about - "

"No one," Luke cut him off.

"Clearly," I mumbled to myself before poofing out of there.

———

"Luke said I'd find you up here."

I pulled my eyes away from the beautiful suburban landscape to see Alex standing behind me with his hands in his pockets.

"Yup," I shrugged. "Here I am."

Alex sat down next to me. "Wanna talk about it?"

I scoffed. "Talk about what?"

"I've had my fair share of crushes on straight boys, you know."

I couldn't help but laugh, Alex did the same.

"It's rough out here," I joked.

"I know," Alex sympathised. "Boys are dumb."

"Boys are so very dumb," I agreed.

We sat in comfortable silence for a moment and watched as the traffic built up on the highway in the distance. I liked talking to Alex, he always just got it, you know? I feel like we were the same in a way and that made it really easy for me to talk to him.

"I have an idea," Alex said out of nowhere.

"What is it?"

"It'll either make you feel better or worse," He admitted.

"I'm willing to take that risk."

———

We arrived outside a mansion unlike the ones in the movies. This one was better.

"Are we house hunting?" I asked as we stood on the sidewalk with my hands in my pockets. "This one's not really my style."

"Not quite," Alex grimaced.

When we poofed inside, Luke and Reggie were already there.

"Oh, hey guys!" Reggie beamed.

Luke didn't even acknowledge our presence, his face was overtaken by disgust.