𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐓𝐨𝐫𝐧 𝐎𝐮𝐭 𝐏𝐚𝐠𝐞

"I won't accept your offer, Caleb," I turned to walk away.

"Not even if it will help the boys?"

I stopped, turned back around, and slowly approached him.

"Help them how?" I queried.

"Well, they're not going to accept my offer and they're clearly not going to crossover anytime soon," Caleb pointed out. "But who's to say they can't stick around for a little while longer?"

"You'll lift the curse?" I asked.

"Just like that," Caleb snapped his fingers. "All you have to do is accept my offer."

"Why me?" I laughed, although it was more of a scoff. "You'd leave three perfectly good musicians behind for a sound engineer?"

"You wouldn't be a sound engineer here, Ruth," Caleb explained. "You'll be front and centre of the stage as my new dancer. The audience loves you."

"Hmm," I pondered, unimpressed. "And what makes you think I'd want that?"

"For the reasons I listed earlier in my pitch," Caleb shrugged. "You get to stay on this side and you get the be with the boys, especially Luke."

I considered my options ; cease to exist or sell my soul to Caleb. Neither sounded too appealing.

If I accepted Caleb's offer, there was no way I would tell the guys. I'd have to cut off contact completely because part of me knew this was all some long-winded scheme to get the guys to join Caleb's club. I had to protect them from this madness. Besides, they might have even seen accepting the offer as some kind of betrayal - they mightn't want to associate with me if they knew I gave in and joined his club.

At least if I accepted the offer, the guys would be free from the curse - they would have more of a shot at crossing over. Even if I didn't. If I refused to take the offer, we would all have ceased to exist.

I guess I didn't have much of a choice.

🎉 You've finished reading 𝐑𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐬 | 𝐉𝐮𝐥𝐢𝐞 𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐏𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐨𝐦𝐬 🎉